OVT&L Tool Car

Here is the OVT&L's newly completed tool car. It's the companion to the pipe & scrap steel car.

Ok... 5 cars down, 8-10 yet to go... :eek: :rolleyes:

ToolCar03.jpg

ToolCar06.jpg

ToolCar08.jpg

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Very nice Casey!!!

Now, this is just a question or an obsevation. It just looks kinda odd, to me, to see only one complete truck underneath the cars. I'm just curious, did they actually use one truck, or two self supported axels. Just wondering!!

Drew

Re: Very nice Casey!!!

Originally posted by Drew Toner
Now, this is just a question or an obsevation. It just looks kinda odd, to me, to see only one complete truck underneath the cars. I'm just curious, did they actually use one truck, or two self supported axels. Just wondering!!

Drew

Drew, a lot of backwoods operations built "cars" on single trucks or disconnects. Necessity mated with finance to become the parents of invention. :eek: ;)

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Awesome, now don'cha think that little plastic guy could get off his styrene rumpus for a momnet and clean up that compressed gas tank before it rusts through. We don't need a gas leak and a scale explosion. It's just that kinda behavior that leads to OSHA restrictions on our 70's layouts :D :D :D That's one (more) sweet pea.