Overworking Mass Effect weapon .pdo's

Norton

Jan 21, 2012
Lingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Evening, Gentle(wo)men!

I found some Pepakura Files for the M-12 Locust, the Revenant, the Wraith Shotgun and and and on the net.

Now I'd like to have an experts opinion on the Files to tell me if they could be modified to be simpler or if they are totally in Order the way they are.

Couldn't even get Info if anyone ever built these things. Looks rather complicated to me.

If anyone of you who knows his way around Pepakura designer could offer assistance, have a look e.g. at the Mattock to be found via:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/index_gallery.html

ThunderChild

I cannot stand the sight of game-ripped models directly imported into pepa and trying to unfold. There are usually so many unnecessary polygons and gunk (Not to mention overlapping shapes and parts), that the model is nearly useless.
Personally I only use a game model for reference, building my own 3D mesh. Mass Effect's textures are very nice, which is why I didn't bother creating my own textures too.

If you are new to pepakura I'd recommend staying clear. That doesn't mean you couldn't give it a try. It will be a LOT of work, but who knows, you may just end up with something buildable.

Norton

Jan 21, 2012
Lingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Hm....I understand.

Thought so myself on first sight (way too complex to be a modest built).
Even managed to contact the "unfolder", but he's "completely out of artistry" and couldn't be of any further help.

It's definitely time for me to get Pep Designer lessons and do the rest myself. There are just too many finde models to be put onto my shelfs and walls ^^

Should anyone Mass Effect Model Crack want to stick heads together with a freshman to get the Weapon Models realized, or if you have some yourself, please let me know.

Meanwhile, I made some progress on the M8 Avenger (Nice Model, though fragile when made of regular copy paper ).