Overview of my Nscale layout

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
Overview of my N scale layout

I finally got all the track layed except my yard line but that won't take to much time.Its basically a door layout shaped in a L. Its 7 feet long by 5 feet wide on the upper section.Due to space restrictions i'm using 4% grades both on the back straight section and the spiral where the upper track enters my tunnel to the lower switch by the bridge.
Please pardon the crudness of the picture but i haven,t been able to get any of the track software to work with my design.

90% of the track is atlas flex track

Attachments

• train3.jpg
    train3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,310

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
Update

Just finished building and wiring my control panal today.Just have to wire the remainder of the turnouts and the yard track.Am making progress slowly.Its nice to be able to run 2 trains at once on a DC layout.

Attachments

• Control Panal.jpg
    Control Panal.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,231

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I once...

...ran my railroad...

on a piece of plywood- probably no more than 2' x 4' sitting on top of a big corrugated box in my dad's basement.

It had enough room to have an oval of track and I ran an n-scale Atlas 0-4-0 pulling 3 or 4 (5) passenger cars between Philadelphia and New York. I am pretty sure that when the transformer got too hot to touch I knew the train got to Phila. Then I graduated, with dad's assistance to a hollow core wood door.

I miss the piece of 2' x 4', but I miss the hollow wood core too!

Mark

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
I have replaced the 2 no4 turnouts with no 6's and straightened out the center track now.Power is wired just need to wire the turnouts.

Attachments

• yard1.jpg
    yard1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,751
  • yard2.jpg
    yard2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,719
  • yard3.jpg
    yard3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,678

cpNscale

Nov 13, 2003
Victoria BC
www.trainweb.org
Been awhile since i had a time to keep my progress updated.But now have most my plaster down and painted a base coat of tan over the entire layout .Now getting ready to start the senic painting.
aaj.sized.jpg

aaq.jpg

aar.jpg