Overview of my Nscale layout

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by cpNscale, Jun 2, 2004.

1. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Overview of my N scale layout

I finally got all the track layed except my yard line but that won't take to much time.Its basically a door layout shaped in a L. Its 7 feet long by 5 feet wide on the upper section.Due to space restrictions i'm using 4% grades both on the back straight section and the spiral where the upper track enters my tunnel to the lower switch by the bridge.
    Please pardon the crudness of the picture but i haven,t been able to get any of the track software to work with my design.

90% of the track is atlas flex track

Attached Files:

2. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

So far so good, just hope to one day to see the real thing.
  3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Looks fine to me also. And welcome to the Gauge. Be sure to keep us posted with pictures. :thumb: :rolleyes:
  4. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

He's been here since November but I too welcome cpNscale.
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Great progress! Looking forward to more updates and pics!
  6. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Just finished building and wiring my control panal today.Just have to wire the remainder of the turnouts and the yard track.Am making progress slowly.Its nice to be able to run 2 trains at once on a DC layout.

Attached Files:

7. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

cpNscale, I really like that plan. It seems to have a lot of desirable features,
    but still has lots of space for structures or what have you. Lookin' Good!!
    :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

It does look good, lots of room for scenery too!
  9. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I once...

...ran my railroad...

on a piece of plywood- probably no more than 2' x 4' sitting on top of a big corrugated box in my dad's basement.

It had enough room to have an oval of track and I ran an n-scale Atlas 0-4-0 pulling 3 or 4 (5) passenger cars between Philadelphia and New York. I am pretty sure that when the transformer got too hot to touch I knew the train got to Phila. Then I graduated, with dad's assistance to a hollow core wood door.

I miss the piece of 2' x 4', but I miss the hollow wood core too!

10. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Yard picture 1

Finally laid the yard track today.Now i need to wire the turnouts and power wires and then im all set

Attached Files:

11. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Yard Picture 2

Also how can i add multiple images to a post.Trying to add with the size requirement is a pain.

Attached Files:

12. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Yard Pic 3

This will be temporary until i replace the no.4 turnouts leading to the service building with 2 no.6's.And replace the buiding with a more modern facility as well.
  13. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Looks great, CP! :thumb:
  14. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking great so far, can't wait to see more pic's of the layout :thumb: :thumb:
  15. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

I have replaced the 2 no4 turnouts with no 6's and straightened out the center track now.Power is wired just need to wire the turnouts.

Attached Files:

16. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

All I'm getting now is the x.
  17. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

I got the new yard pictures uploaded thru The-Gauge,needed to get them under the 68k size restriction.Seems RailImages web site is off line now too
  18. cpNscale

cpNscale Member

Been awhile since i had a time to keep my progress updated.But now have most my plaster down and painted a base coat of tan over the entire layout .Now getting ready to start the senic painting.
  19. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice to see your progress especially now the scenery is in the works
  20. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Coming Along Nicely!

Looking great! Keep us posted! :thumb: