over heating

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

hey guys i have a quick question. My nitro rustler keeps overheating each time i run just one tank through it. It gets so hot that i have just touched it and it gave me a blister. I know it needs to be tuned but i dont know how to so if someone would help me out that would be great.
    Thanx
  2. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

take it down to a hobby shop, they will tune it for like 5 bucks, or even for free. Plus, get an infared temp. guage. They work good-about 20 bucks
  3. redheat

redheat Member

how does it run besides hot and how hot are you talking about?
  4. rustler

rustler Member

WELL IT RUNS ALRIGHT BUT usually i dont drive it untill it cools down and i already said it is soo hot that when i touch it it gives me a blister
  5. jackal575

jackal575 Member

how long are you touching it for and what are you touching?
  6. pimp

pimp Active Member

well dont tuch it keeps the blisters off :D
  7. rustler

rustler Member

i know lol.... i was just trying to clean some of the grass out and accidently put my hand on it.
  8. redheat

redheat Member

First off it doesnt take much heat to get a blister , If you plan on staying with this hobby go out and get the right equipment such as a temp gun itll save you wear and tear on your digits.
  9. rustler

rustler Member

what does this temp gun do and how will this help my car from heating up so fast
  10. rustler

rustler Member

o'yea and how much do they cost?
  11. rustler

rustler Member

o'yea and how much do they cost?
  12. redheat

redheat Member

Rustler, A temp. gun when used properly tells you how hot your motor is. Takes all the guest work out of how hot the motor is running. Some people use it to help with tuning there motor. Cost is generally under 30. bux. Aim the gun directly into the center of the heat sink at the glow plug press the button an bam you have the temp. Instructions come with it all are a little different in use but basically the same. Tower Hobbies has sales on the all the time.
  13. rustler

rustler Member

what is the temp in which your motor is overheated
  14. rustler

rustler Member

i just went to towerhobbies and found a duratrax temp gun, will that still work on mine even though it is a traxxas
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Sure it well in fact it is the same one that I have used for about two years now. you have the 2.5 right well between 200 -240 are good operating temps. for me and I'm running in 100deg. plus weather in the summer time.
  16. rustler

rustler Member

i wish i had the trx 2.5 but i have the trx .15
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Temp ranges are about the same. All kinda different motors you can buy for that truck, I really thought that your truck came with the 2.5 now is that the sport model?
  18. rustler

rustler Member

no its just the old model of the rustler, the new ones now have the 2.5 but when i got it still had the pro .15
  19. redheat

redheat Member

Well thats ok, if its an older model does that mean that it has the original motor in it ?
  20. rustler

rustler Member

do you have the trx .15 on either of you t-maxx's
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.