Over and under the trestle bridges

shamus

Registered Member
Here's some photo's of the new Scratchbuilt trestle bridges. The height difference between the two is 7" The height from ground to first trestle is 10" (Top photo)
4pics.jpg

Shamus
wink.gif

jimnrose

Shamus,
Fantastic work. I always admired your talent but didn't realize the skill required until I took the plunge. You surely set high level performance goals. Thanks for sharing, Jim

good work shamus i see you been putting alot of time in the layout. i hope to get back to things. soon and get some things that i started finshed. i have kits to be built. kit bashes to finshed and the new add one to put in but a little at a time . i finshed weathering the new fleet of gp's i got from my dad.at least i got my train up and running agin i know on my layout the rail road was on strike do to a medical in the owners family and no time to do any work but i got the track cleaned and the locos all running now on to other things may be a trus bridge of my own..

shamus

Registered Member
Thats the way to go Scooby, just keep at it. I tend to do around 3 to 4 hours per day, and some of that is just looking at it and thinking about what to do next. I get this little voice in the head that says "Time to alter this bit :D"

Shamus
wink.gif

RailRon

It's just GREAT what you accomplish, Shamus!

I love your combinations of bridge styles, e.g. a trestle with a truss bridge. Every bridge shows that it's built for a specific purpose in this very place - it just belongs there.

Your scenes look so natural - also your photography is top notch! :cool:

BTW: I already saved many of your pics for future reference for the construction my pike. (Hope to reciprocate when I get something done on my layout.)

Thank you for sharing your work with us! :)
Ron

Freddo

Hi Shamus (and all),

My first post as a new member of The Gauge is to say what a great layout Shamus has done! Beautiful craftsmanship for sure!

If I may...I would like to know your rock coloring technique if you care to share.

Looking and lurking around The Guage a few times and this place seems like a "class act". I hope to have pic's to post some time soon of my 2.5' x 5' N scale layout which is currently very early in the making.

Regards - Fred

davidstrains

And the crowd said (again) "UNREAL". There is obviously someone out there slipping actual colored photos to Shamus and he is posting them as model work.

Outstanding pictures, and modeling. I live the trestles. What an addition.:cool: :cool: :) :)

jon-monon

Freddo: Welcome to the-gauge!

Shamus is a very sharing person and a lot of his techniques are described in the academy. I don't recall anything on the rock coloring right off, but there sure is some good reading there! You get there by clicking the "the gauge" icon at the top, then scroll down to the bottom of hte front page, you'll find the academy under archives. He also has a lot of info on his website, which you can get to by clicking the image at the bottom of one of his posts.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work soon!

kf4jqd

Great!

Shamus:

You never stop amazing me! I wouldn't even consider building one of those bridges. I don't have the patience to build that. Hell, even models that all I have to do is glue the parts together drives me nuts!