Ov10a Bronco

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by YuG, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Thanks sir!!! I hope mine goes well here... :-D

but now, I have to watch Ah! My Goddess here... (Belldandy-sama!!! :-D )

I sure hope TBS will do season 3... :-D
  2. Hans Christian

Oh yeah!!! :-D

BTW sir Muhammad, I found these pics by accident on the net...

636, with its sharkmouth markings omitted, and the 15th SW badge replaced with the low-viz PAF badge, and the 16th AS badge removed... but the camouflage scheme from the previous scheme still intact...

I think this is the second to the last scheme it wore before one pilot smashed its nose gear at Dajangas (is this the right spelling sir? :-D )

Unfortunately, I'm still going nowhere on my models yet... my schedules at school are killing me... and the prelim term is just almost done...
  3. RTomedi

RTomedi Member

It´s amazing what a talented person can do with some inked paper, glue and pure inspiration. :rolleyes:
    I´m new here (in the forum) and in the papermodeling art, and I hope to achieve Yu´s level of detail and realism one day. :thumb:
    I´m looking forward to seeing your corsair building. Please, let us follow your construction methods and accept my Brazil-Japan regards.

hugs to everyone. :wave:
  4. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hans... I still loved the first scheme..! This is what we get. usually, with cockey Bronco Jockeys fresh out of our elite military school (no offense intended)... the sad place is spelled "DADIANGAS" ( and pronounced "duh-dee-ung-gus" ..)... SALAAM to everyone....!!!!
  5. YuG

YuG Member

Thank you for pics. For me whatever the painting, Bronco is always cool!!!
    Hans, I will wait you until you graduate. I hope you study smarter so that you can spell "DADIANGAS" correctly (BTW what is Dadiangas?)

Hi Ricaldo,
    Hello from the other side of the planet.
    There are many talented modelers here and in the world.
    You can enjoy seeing those modeler's works.
    I hope you love card modeling and show us your models:)
    The most important thing is to enjoy modeling, I think.
    Good luck
  6. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

About bumps and dips in balsa canopy forms --- try model putty --- white or green. Or make your own from clear nail polish and baby powder (that goes back to the 1940s when there was no such thing as model putty) [Oops, I'm giving my age away!]. Even commercial wood filler or spackle will work. Then use sandpaper, going down in coarseness to #400 or so. (You may have to seal the balsa with lacquer or clear nail polish first to get the putty to stick well.)

7. Hans Christian

Sir, that's exactly what happened to 636... apparently, the maintenance personnel from the 15th SW told us that the one that trashed 636 was some cockey jockey from PMA... (PMAers have a reputation to be more egoistic compared to civilian-turned military DODOs, from which my dad came from...)

I wonder if 636 is still in dadiangas, or if its now scrapped...
  8. Hans Christian

but, you can use the pics sir as reference for doing the camo on the other side :-D
  9. Hans Christian

Dadiangas is an airstrip located in the Mindanao Island of the Philippines
  10. YuG

YuG Member

Thanks for giving tips that you have obtained through aeons (not offensive) of modeling experience.
    I am going to apply your tips for next canopy.
    Considering you were active modeler in 1940s, you've been enjoying not only card models but also many other kinds of modeling.
    Thats really nice :thumb:
    Modeling releases my stress and pepper my life. I also would like to make models through all eternity
  11. raiderkilo

raiderkilo New Member

THX for tips
  12. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

Hans, have you posted some of your research on the web? I have been "digging" for a while so I could update the 1:48 Bronco (ex-Hawk) kit up to production standard but sources are pretty thin. Any assistance would be appreciated.

For YuG: Excellent result! I am trying various spray lacquer clear finishs in the hope of being able to matte or gloss my paper models as needed (also to make them more durable.) Since you have obviously a lot of experience, do you have any advice in this regard?

Thanks again for sharing,
  13. rbeach84

rbeach84 New to Paper

Tip for making wood masters

YuG, I recommend using thin CA ("super glue") as a grain filler for your molding plugs. It sets immediately on balsa, allowing immediate sanding for a super smooth and hard finish. Just don't let it get too "cured" as it will become very hard the longer it sets. It may take more than one application to get what you want, but the results are worth it. In essence, you get a composite part!

Hope this is of help
    Regards, Robert
  14. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Robert is exactly right. Using thin CA w/wood and or paper for that matter, sanding before the CA cures will result in a composite material that can be used in many apps of paper modeling. Great tip. By the way, hello YuG-San, your friend Rick:wave: PS: Letting any CA glue set up f/over 12 hrs results in a material so hard, it is near impossible to sand out.:cry:
  15. YuG

YuG Member

I haven’t visited the forum as much lately and noticed you guys comments for a while.

I used glossy photo print paper of 0.18mm thick but found it was not stiff enough so I had to “double skin” entire airframe.
    First, cut out ordinary paper for inner skin a bit inside of the cutting line in the direction dimensional compensation for outer skin, which will be glued over the inner skin, is needed.
    When I built the Bronco available glossy paper was limited but now it seems there are many kinds of glossy paper on the market. I think there must be stiff enough paper available so we won’t need to double the skins.

Since still I make the canopy mold as the same way as I did two and half years ago, your tip is great help to me. I’ll give it a try in next airplane build, thanks!

Thank you my friend Rick-san!

BTW, though it’s on hold for more than 8 months, I’m building the new Bronco.
    From the experience building previous kit I supposed change or replace of some of parts will change the impression. Here is a recap so far.

Attached Files:

16. YuG

YuG Member

Replaced spinner and present status

Attached Files:

17. seastallion

seastallion New Member

nice bronco,one of my fav's
  18. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

wow there are indeed some filipino bronco fans out here, anyone thought of repainting the mentioned bronco here?