OV-10 Bronco from ModelArt/Zarkov (Black Ponies Edition)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by DavidESP, Dec 17, 2008.

1. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

Thanks for the info Ronson, but from the pictures I have, the blades are about right, they are very thin with a slight twist. They still need some touch up with a bit of paint.

By the way, no Staples over here. I use liquid acrylics for touch up.

2. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

No probs.. Just thinking of all the ways the printing of the model can be improved a bit. The design is very sound and your modeling is superb. I do see places where things could be added to the artwork though ;)
  3. yrn_n

yrn_n New Member

to DavidESP:
    grate work :thumb:
    this is the picture of #107 with kit lavell, and profile that i made.
    i attach patch of text to the model.

Attached Files:

4. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

Hello all, I have been very busy and finished the Bronco a while ago but with the starting of another model in my favorite style (military vehicles) and getting very involved with it, the fact that I didn't put some completed photos of it slipped my mind.

yrn n, thanks.

Here are some shots of the finished model:

Sorry about the delay, I have stopped posting in multiple forums because of this. The time just isn't there for me right now.

5. exzealot

exzealot Member

Outstanding Job!

Turned out great and looks realistic especially sitting in the sun ( as does the real thing.

6. yrn_n

yrn_n New Member

good work, it's beautiful aircraft!sign1
  7. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Great Looking bird.. Was waiting and waiting.. Hoping to see the canopy construction. I was also worried as you had an infection when you last posted as to your condition. Glad you posted the finished model. She is awesome looking.

Not that you have show pics but what is the project you're currently working on? If you don't mind me asking?
  8. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

9. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

Thanks all.

Ronson2k, I am working on a free model 1:25 scale tank, it is the M5A1 Stuart from the Konradus Forum with some personal modifications. Although I enjoy building aircraft models and they have won prizes in a some contests, I started out building race cars and trucks, with a couple of ships thrown in. After building Nobi's free Cromwell tank, I found that I really enjoy the building them in the larger 1:25 and 1:16 scales. The Stuart is my third. I am doing the build in the spanish forum Modelismo en Papel, this links to a translated page of the build.

10. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Cool I like armor too. I had thought though you were perhaps adding content to your aircraft 'Weapons Dolly' or fueling truck in that vane perhaps maybe build a diorama. Armor is a great subject though. I love the modern APC's myself. Bison especially (made in Canada eh!)

Heading over to check out your Stuart..

Excellent work. Looks incredible.
  11. Kit Lavell

Kit Lavell Black Pony 17

Hello from Black Pony 17

Hello David,

You contacted me a while ago and I lost your contact information. I found this Web site and wanted to write to you to say what a great job you did in re-creating my old aircraft (BUNO 155474, Side No. 107) from Vietnam!

Fair winds and following seas,
    Kit Lavell
  12. DavidESP

DavidESP Member

Thanks Kit and I'm glad you liked it, although I just built it and redesigned the weapons load out based on photos I found on the Black Ponies web site, hope I got it right. The design is from Model Art and recolored by Yaron N.
    By the way, I'm retired USN, W-4 Carpenter.

Fair winds and following sea to you as well.

P.S. Didn't know you wrote a book about the squadron, I'll have to try and find it on Amazon, not many bookstores here in Spain would carry it.
  13. gregh

gregh Member

oh oh oh , that is a very very nice build.
  14. sharklord

sharklord New Member

Looking good! I loved next door to a former Ponies pilot when I was a youngster. When he was flying, they had a lot of latitude developing tactics and procedures with the aircraft- while under fire, no less.