Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rilines1, Sep 24, 2005.

1. rilines1

rilines1 New Member

Greetings to all! I am new to The Gauge. I did a lot of reading on this site prior to coming onboard and I am impressed with how well you all eat, breath and sleep TRAINS! I am in the process of building my HO empire in my basement, time permitting. Keep up the great work!

Check out, mainlinehobbiesinc.com. Turned a passion of 34 years into reality. Reasonable, great customer service, quick shipping. I know the owner. :thumb:
  2. rilines1

rilines1 New Member

Moved Layout pics to HO Forum
  3. ausien

ausien Active Member

Welcome to the gauge Rilines, hope you enjoy us..have a good one...steve
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome aboard, rilines1!! :) :)
  5. screen

screen Member

Welcome rilines1 as I am new also and was beginning to wonder if there were any others from arround here - I am also a small business owner at Sterling - thanks for the info on that shop because it's only 30 minutes away and the dealer here closed his doors and auctioned everything off - what town are you from?
  6. rilines1

rilines1 New Member

Welcome aboard! Im located in Princeton.
  7. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Welcome to The Gauge. I'm originally from the chicago area. I was born in Elgin then we moved down to, a small town east of Kankakee, Momence. My parents still live there but I am currently in the Air Force stationed down in Florida. I'll be sure to let my dad know you are in existince in Princeton as one of my sisters are going to school in Dubuque and they travel I-80 fairly often.
  8. rilines1

rilines1 New Member

I was born and raised in Chicago, moved to Princeton 4 years ago. My wife and I don't even go back to Chicago unless we have too. My folks retired to Princeton 14 years ago. Her folks followed us here. I've known this area for a long time. I got out of the cop world after 12 years and we made the move. Glad we did.