Our Club's New Proposed Layout....

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Iron Goat, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

In my previous post, there were requests to see the plan of our club's new HO layout (We were always a N scale club...), and this is our proposed track plan.

(SAVEFILE was the only way I could get the file attached to the post...)

Comments appreciated.... Bob

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

There is nothing wrong with linking to a file, but, as per our discussions, I played around a bit with what you had. I can see why you were having problems attaching this file. It is a pdf and it is 668K in size. I took your file and did a screen shot (pressed "pri Sc") and pasted it into my photo app ("Ctrl-V"). I cropped out the unwanted stuff and was able to sharpen the image a bit. I saved it as a 62K .jpg. This is the results:

Attached Files:

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Oh yeah, that is one nice proposed layout.:thumb: Easy access and a lot going on. Lot's of yard space too, that's what I'm adding right now to my layout. :D
  4. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Thanks, Don. The wall to the far right of the layout is a half wall with a glassed in upper section (spectator viewing). I personally would have liked to see a roundhouse added to the mix, but the majority felt it ate up too much space. Thanks again for all your help, Don.

5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Glad to help. I agree, a roundhouse takes up a lot of space and may be fun to operate, but not every layout can support one.
  6. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

It's been said that "a camel is a horse designed by committee". or

"a compromise is when no one gets what they want."

It's hard to get a group to agree on anything, looks like you guys have done a pretty good job.