other stuff i been doin

arkon

here is the reasons i have been slackin on my model builds. me an my dad have been buildin windmills to generate power. his is three wood blades made out of 2x 6.(a lot of sanding there). mine is made from sewer pvc pipe with 5 blades.(alot more simple).

newstuff019.jpg

newstuff012.jpg

hope yall like em. i'll post more pics the further along we get.

inky

Those are pretty kool. If you live out in West Texas I know they will come in handy, the wind blows all the time out there. I use to live in Lubbock and a few small towns around there.

Z

Zathros

VERY COOL!!! I ave been wanting to build a wind mill but the zoning here is atrocious. All is takes is one jerk neighbor and your done. Looks good, keep posting Pics please. If you could post any viable successes that would be great, as well as what NOT to do! Great workmanship!

arkon

thanks guys!
i live in the hill country area so the wind is not as constant as out in west texas but it still goes a blowin around here.
luckily we are on five acres n not many neighbors around to complain, my dad is on fifteen on the side of a hill so no one around him either.
he aleady has his tower built,will stand about 30 feet tall at center of windmill.
for mine i will be useing a reclaimed tv antenna tower from my aunts old house(she has dishnet. now so she dont need it anymore)it will be about 20 foot to the center.
will post more as we get along!

Z

Zathros

I was working on a design that spun the magnets so there would be no need for a commutator. I also wanted to incorporate an odd amount of magnets so it would start easier (for a dc version).