Other RR Forum

CN1

May 6, 2003
Hello

I'm looking for "another" Model RR Forum where I could find some Interesting stuff in HO like, layout-locomotives-rolling-stock-structures pictures, kits and other modelers layout... :D

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule; right, moderators??

The Gauge is what its own members make it. No contributor
ever made it better by leaving ... :( This is a good place, with
lots of friends. :) :) I think most of us are still trying to help it
build, and pleased with recent growth!! :thumb: :thumb:

CN1, I just had to borrow your quote!!!! :D :D

CN1

May 6, 2003
Woaaaa! Thanks guys!

I'm not leaving, I'm expending my horizons....

i am usually on http://www.railroadforum.com

but most of the time i am over on the Atlas forums http://forum.atlasrr.com/default.asp

(as y'all know, it's down till sometime in august.)

i would say that the reason i hang on the Atlas forum is because of the very high numbers of members. you can get an answer to any question about anything in a very short time. even tho it does get a bit heated when the proto police get active.

the reason i dont post here very often is because this board has always been slanted twoards steam and transition era modeling. posts about modern stuff never get much of a response.

CN1

May 6, 2003
Hi Trainworm

I took a look at www.railroadforum.com and I didn't like it much, I'm affraid. :(

As some of you know, I used to be (long time ago) on the Atlas forums :rolleyes:
but the vulgarity of some :mad: and the constant bickering and flaming :curse: finaly did it for me.

True, you do get an answer quickly, but how much of it is usefull? :confused:

The-Gauge is a relax and friendly place. :thumb: I find much usefull information here.
Granted it's not as quick or busy as the Atlas Forum :p but it is a great place.

I think lots of Gauger model modern stuff too. Keep asking..

:wave: :wave:

SKMoss

Jun 24, 2004
It would be interesting to get a "Bicker Factor" rating for forums. I'm pretty new here, but so far, I like the group. Good info, nice enough.

Atlas is quick info, but like CN1, hard to wade through the flamers.

I spend a lot of time on an NScale forum. NScale.Org. Good group, great info. NScale.net also good, not as active, but good none the less.

Steve
NMRRSIG

Jack Doran

Oct 23, 2002
Galesburg,IL
Visit site
CN1 what scares you about the Railroadforums.com. That is not a bad forum over there. Might take a while to get an answer but they are always friendly over there.

Railroadline use to be a great place until it became some flame wars over there and members myself included jumped from rr-line to railroad forums.

But i don't want to cause trouble so I going to leave it at that cause some of the members still participate in both forums and even including this one.

CN1

May 6, 2003
Jack Doran

CN1 what scares you about the Railroadforums.com

Nothing! It's just not my cup of tea..

I find all the various subjects/topics/forums kinda confusing.

cobra

Dec 11, 2003
belle river , Ontario
Visit site
I think , as CN1 implied , 'comfort zone ' has a lot to do with it . I've been on RRL and Gauge for about 7 months , like both , prefer RRL . Atlas , I look to strictly for DCC as the RRL guys are not much into operating ....haven't tried anything beyond that because the 2 Forums are very enjoyable . I don't post much here , usually on the Canadian thread , but look in quite often .Anyone I've talked to here has been most accommodating . When Gauge was down , many of you dropped in to RRL and we all enjoyed your brief visit . That's all one can ask for !
Neil

CN1

May 6, 2003
I realy like the Operation Forum here at The-Gauge. :thumb:

You're right cobra , my comfort zone is with a less confusing and more lay-back forum like this one. :wave: :wave:

of course I do lurke "here" and "there" from time-to-time :p