Other photos taken during contest shoot

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
The contest was locos on bridges, but I liked a couple other photos I took which didn't meet that critera, so I'm posting them here. The first two are really the same shot, one just is cropped. I cannot so far figure out how to crop without leaving black space where I cut out, using MGI Photosuite. If anyone is familiar with it, I'd sure appreciate a tip!

gary - just outline what you want to KEEP. Then select "Image" at the top then click on "Trim".

garynew.jpg

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by Gary H Pfeil
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, seems you've gone off the deep end!...

Gary

Well, that certainly wouldn't be the 1st time I've been accused of that! :)
But I'm stickin' to my story too!
That 1st pic of the running gear, & boxcar end...%$#@!!...
That rust! that shine on the tread!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
I'm still loookin' around on the floor for my jaw & eyeballs! :D ;) :p

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks again Charlie, you're much to kind! Glad you liked it. N Gauger, thank you VERY MUCH! I spent a mniute or two looking for "Image" with no luck, but found "Trim" under edit and it worked just as you said. I looked around for a photo in the files which cropping would help, the attached result is still a so so picture (the shiny rails in particular) but I got rid of clutter and a shadow in the foreground. Thanks again, you made my day.

Attachments

• p1010021.jpg
    p1010021.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 56

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Have a little while to play with my newly learned cropping while I wait for the wife to get ready to go out. Hope nobody minds me posting this photo again, I posted it quite awhile back, but the area around it was unscenicked and was distracting. I think this is much nicer.

Attachments

• p1010023.jpg
    p1010023.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 50

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Tyson, heck yes. I don't even mind my wife taking her time! I wish others would post more photos, I love seeing what others have accomplished.(hint hint) I've got another of Pete's loco which I am going to post in the thread on making rocks from foam. See you there.

Gary

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
%$#@!, Gary!
I had just found my jaw & eyeballs...now you've gone & done it again!
:D :D :D
Those close-up perspectives are awesome, Gary!

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks again Charlie, hope you have good medical coverage. Matt, I do have others, mostly just different angles of the same stuff. Wife is ready and I'm hungry, so next time! Good night all.

Gary