OT - simulators pic

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by yaniv, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

2. eric_son

eric_son Member

I have all IL2 series titles except 1946.

Can't wait for Maddox and team to release Battle of Britain. :)
  3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

I've got FS2004 and FSX, Pacific fighters, and Lock-On Gold. Tons of add-ons for the FS, Wings of power I&II, and Flight Deck III.
    EDIT=Almost for got CFS3 and Aircraft Powerpack
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Name that sim

I'm really glad this thread got started!
    I had a sim about 10-12 years ago that I used to play in Win95 on an old computer and I loved it!
    Maybe it's old age or my previous drinking habit, or both, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of it.
    I have actually been racking my brain over it for two years now ever since I bought the computer I have now.

I'm hoping you flight sim players might be able to help me with this as I would really love to get another copy of it.
    I have been through all my belongings and cannot find the disc.
    I think one of my so called "friends", at the time, slipped it in their coat pocket and took an exit stage left.

In the game you fly around battling other planes, tanks, and even ships.
    After shooting a plane or other enemy, their would be a "power up" symbol floating in the air that you had to fly through to get.
    Near the end of a mission you would fly through a tunnel that kept twisting and turning and doors would be sliding shut as you flew through the tunnel and you had to constantly change your flight path to get through.
    Once through you would be transported to another "world" where a new mission was given to you.
    There was a radar in the upper right corner where you could see which direction your enemies were.

This is an old game but was way ahead of it's time.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I apologize for the long winded post but I just gotta know!:oops:

5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Now that a moderator has replied to the thread I will put up some photos.

I will post more over the coming days. Any requests for planes and I will try and put them up, I have thousands.

I also said earlier that I had flight sim 2004, sorry it's not, I have got 2002. I also have combat flight sim 1 and 3. The combat flight sim 3 battle for europe is excellent.

Attached Files:

• xb70.jpg
      File size:
      89.4 KB
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm sure any designers out here can plug their design into the simulator and fly the thing :D
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Russell! That game is uhhhhh hmmmmm a figment of your imagination? heh heh sorry buddy, I have no idea! I played Falcon 3.0 as my flight sim experience. Loved it! I still have my suped up joystick in the attic - wonder if this computer has a port........ might be fun to do again!

Thanks for the reccomendation Paul. Maybe I will take a looksy at whats out there.
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

Nezard i think about making a FS2004 airplane from 1 of my models lol

i have also IL2 all the series maybe we make some CARDMODELS.NET flight?

Chris way u not use the FALCON 4 or AF virsion its mach more realistic and the grapix is KILLER
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Did some one want a lancaster. A special one. Sorry about the angle, my flying is not that good.

Attached Files:

10. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

more of the lanc :)

if u look good u see on one of the pic i crash on the see :)

the low flight is like on the historical dum bomb

enjoy it

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      655.9 KB
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

that looks awesome! might have to get this flight sim - now gotta reread the thread and figureout which one it is ;)
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! I really miss Microsoft's FS'!!!

Well, as of today, here's my list of Flight sims that I have here...

FS2002 (pro edition)
    MS Combat Flight Sim 2
    Pacific Fighters
    Wings Over Vietnam
    F/A-18 ODS

Currently, the one installed in my laptop is Wings Over Vietnam, and its great!!! I love those MiG-CAP missions!!! Love beating the crap out of the NVAF!!! I can shoot down at least 4 in a good sortie :-D

I'll post some screenshots later :-D
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I've still got SWOTL! How about Red Baron..............

Boy sure wish someone would make it where ACES would play again. I really enjoyed taking the P-38 and going up against every plane the Japanese had in their arsenal............... of course unlimited bullets always seemed to help me win:twisted:

I'm at a loss on the power up sim thing........... hope you get someone to let you know.

I used to play a WWI sim that I can't remember, but it was neat in that the plane creaked when you turned, and it also had a feature that let you go against several different planes and others just kept appearing whenever you shot one down. You could even hear the other guy yell when you shot him down......... aaahhhhhhhh! buzzzzzzzz! splat! Fun!

Flight Games were so fun............... Flight Simulators turned out to not be for me:cry:

14. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

my lancaster and b17 is add ones to the FS 2004

my sim list is big (to big)

flanker 2
    f15 janes
    flight sim 2004
    combat flight simulator 1 2 3
    il2 all the series
    serch and rescu 2
    flacon 4
    lock on gold
    wings over vitnam
    the old ef2000
    the old b17 FF
    and some payment add ones to the flight sim
    i use to buy every 2 month +-

must of my games i got from a friend that work on a distirbution compeny that sell tham to me in compeny very chip price and not like in the shop
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I see flight simulator x is available. Anyone play this? From what I can see though it has no military stuff in it (that seems boring as heck) are there expansions or something? Can always look into the older stuff anyway...... my pc is not a powerhouse.....
  16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

on the flight simluators of microsoft u can fly a militery airplan but just to fly
    no fire
    no demge

if u like for some real realistic combat simulator

u can tack the IL2 for WW2 airplance (the best)

and LOCK ON and FALCON 4 for jets

this is the best simulators ever

the falcon4 is a f16 simulator that act just like the real air plane
    full cocpit work
    full any thing u just think

if u know to fly in FALCON u will know to fly a real f16 for sure :)
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I played falcon 3.0 in my college years. it was awesome.

If I am gonna learn soemthing I am not gonna just fly around - ugh how boring, that would be like getting a simulator to mimic my drive to work every day....

Not sure at all what IL2 is but I will look around for it! Any suggestions for something WITHOUT a steep learning curve? :D
  18. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I don't know if anyone else has seen this http://www.x-plane.com/

I think it's one of the best sim's out there it even FAA approved.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

LololoL ... grab Dosbox http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

Maybe it will work again on XP!

I soooooooooo remember Red Baron (remembers PLINK! sound of mg hits). I think there is a free ware version kicking around on the net.

If not then try this! http://www.first-eagles.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.