OT: more windows annoyances and a great fix (common dialog boxes)

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jleslie48, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

boy am I in a bad mood today. I am finally fed up with my new Windows XP machine.

so I finally got that stupid double down arrow symbol to go away on the start button --Programs--> ... and have the list show me ALL the available programs instead of the "recent list".

but since I'm on a rampage I went after one of the reall biggies. Whenever I do a File-->Open or such, I always have to click several buttons so I can see the directory tree of files with names extensions and dates (god knows why this isn't the default) With windows 98 it wasn't so bad it was only one button, but XP its a whole procedure. Well I found a simple little program that fixed the whole thing:

and its a whole 72k big. plus I can control the size of the dialog box, so I can see more than 10 files...

NOW if only I can find a program that copies all the files from one disk to another that has a "No to All" button... Or at least wont stop copying files because it ran into one file that it has to ask a question about...
  2. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

Thanks! I will give it a try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.