Oso Railworks acquires NWSL

Strib

Sep 11, 2008
Hello All,
This may be old news but I could not find where it had been posted before. Oso Railworks Inc. has taken over NWSL as of August 26, 2008. I purchased a couple of items from NWSL and received them today and this notice was included with the receipt:

"Oso Railworks, Inc. of Hamilton, Montana, is pleased to announce that it has acquired Seattle-based NothWest Short Line in its entirety. All of NWSL's operations will be moved to Hamilton, MT, where production of NWSL's entire product line will continue. Northwest Short Line has a 50-year tradition of excellance, producing precision drivetrain components and wheelsets in virtually all scales, plus a line of tools designed specifically for the model craftsman and other products. Most of NWSL's products are made in-house to ensure quality control, and Oso Railworks, Inc., will operate the company in precisely the same manner to ensure that NWSL's reputation of top quality continues. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly using the information above (www.nwsl.com or www.osorail.com) , or via e-mail at davidry@osorail.com."

If this is a redundant post please have the moderator delete it.
Best regards,
strib

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hi Strib, and :welcome1:to the Gauge.

I had heard this news elsewhere, but it's still worthy of mention, in my opinion. It's good to hear that they'll be continuing production of the full product line, as they offer many useful items for the scratchbuilder, kitbasher, or "tinkerer", and also a good line of modelling tools.

Wayne