"Oslyabya" by Digital Navy

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by swiftsword, Aug 29, 2006.

1. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

I've put up some pictures of my just-completed build of Roman's "Oslyabya"

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Excellent, excellent build! how long did that take you?
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Beautiful ship.
    And great pictures!!
    A vote for the Picture of the Week for your model here!
    Which one... Tough decision, I leave that to the admins.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Great idea milenio! :D
  5. Are you sure that's a paper model....:-D
    What a beautyfull build...
    Cheers, Billy
    BTW, I love Cigarshipkit, normaly I stick to planes, but this one is special..
  6. Alcides

Alcides Member

Wow !!!

Really incredible !!! Congratulations !!!

When I look that rigging I get a headache. I think ships are not for me but your work is impressive.

7. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

Thanks for the flowers ;)

I took my time with the build - did a couple of other things in between, so I can't tell you how many hours I spent on it. Having said that, it took me about a year and a half.

Incidentally - the rigging was probably the easiest part of the whole thing. I'll be happy to share my rigging method if there's any interest.

8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

How would you rate the model in terms of build difficulty? I want to build an early warship but didn't know whether to go with HMV Verlag, Digita Navy, ProModel or others. Difficulty is my main concern, but I also want a model that will look good when built.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

there is interest in how to do the rigging - at least from me :)
  10. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

Oliver, your model is simply amazing! The quality of your workmanship is really something to aspire to.

PS How much did the acrylic box set you back? Last time I checked on prices for one, I about fell off my chair.

11. swiftsword

swiftsword Member

@Chris - OK, I'll do a little write-up and post it in the coming days.

@Chris Doyle - the box, including shipping, was about a $100. Quite a bit of dough for a plastic box, but considering the time and effort I put into this, and that I want to keep the model around for a while, it didn't seem so bad. I got it from this place: http://store.casesforcollectibles.com/index.html My experience with them was good. The case arrived quickly, was exactly what I ordered and was packaged quite safely.