Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Willja67, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Well as some of you know I was fortunate enough to make it to Oshkosh this year and took some pics(very few considering the amount of planes present) and I unfortuneately didn't make it to the museum but thought I would share some samples of what I took and if any of you are interested I can send you what I have.

My main interest at Oshkosh was undoubtedly the Super Corsair and I have more pics of it than anything else. Most were up close and personal shots that I have never seen on the web(to use in designing my model) and I only have one really that shows alot of the whole plane. Here are 2 to give example of what I have:

The second is the inside of the tailwheel gear door.

This mustang amazingly enough is brand new. It was only completed a few months ago using original North American plans and is one of the only A model mustangs in flying condition.

Eric Godecoop might be interested in this one (I have a few more pics):

And here is another that might be of interest:

I have pics of about five different beech staggerwing and some other planes.

Let me know if you're interested in having more of them.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Great Shots! Did you have fun?

Post the pictures. I for one can not have enough plane pictures!

Hopefully you got what you needed to help with your Corsair........... nudge... nudge... wink... wink...:grin:

All kidding aside, it's nice to be able to see things in person. I loved going the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola pictures can only do so much.......... crawling around and poking you head in the nooks and crannies has no substitute!

3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Go ahead, upload more!
  4. Willja67

Willja67 Member

For now go to my gallery titled F2G Corsair. I just uploaded all the pics I took of #57. Like i said most of them are up close and personal shots of flap hinges and the like. I felt that there were enough shots of the airplane as a whole that I didn't need to concentrate on that.