ORP Blyskawica

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Most excellent build!

If you did as well in your exams, you should have no worries, mate!

Great job and superb photos...thanks for posting the photos for all of us to enjoy.

Cheers!
Jim

p.s., yes, please do explain a bit how you did the railings, they came out so very well.

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
Ok so this is a small tutorial for you:
First of all make holes in your deck (I'm using medical needles cause they are cheap ant very thin, u can use minidrill or smth like that)

Than you have to take a piece of copper wire(I use 0.35mm), make it straight (I sometimes roll it on flat surface using metal ruler, or I just grab it into 2 pliers and pul in oposite direction), after that You have to paint this wire (those will be a posts) and cut into small parts lenght about 6-8mm, but on this stage they don't have to be equal size, and if you want you can cut into 1cm or even more ;-). For cutting them I use nail cutter (I hope it is called like that, you will see this tool on pictures).

After cutting there is time for glueing :) so take your favourite glue (I use superglue ) and wet one end of the post in a glue and then put it into hole wich you drilled on the begining.

then make your own post-rails meter tool :) (to make it I used a needle and 4mm piece of old pen refill) and cut posts into right, equal lenght useing nailcutter and make them stand straight. It should look like that

Next you have to make bars, I'm using fishing rail (0.12mm).

After that, last thing to do is paint bars and your own rails are done! :)

(I've painter them on very end because I don't have to worry about unnecessary deck painting :) )
I hope that my english is comunicative enough to understand whole tutorial(If no there are always photos wich can explain what I had on my mind), and they woun't delete my photos :)

Enjoy your own rails :)

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Thanks so much for the tutorial!:)

I see you use fishing line (monofiliment, clear) for the railings. I take it you use CA glue throughout? The rails look great using the mono line.

Very nice technique, thank you so very much for sharing it with us again.

Cheers!
Jim