ORP Blyskawica

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
Hellow I'm new here. I want to show you my model of Polish destroyer ORP Blyskawica. It was published by WAK. It was cheap, but quality of design is very well (author : Grzegorz Nowak) but unfortunatly print wasn't so good as design :( Colors are diffrent in some places...well what could I do with that? nothing ;> I'm making it in full standard (with no painting work or something like that - straight from the kit). I'm only begginer so be forgiving :) I have built only 5 models - this one is 6th. I hope you will enjoy while watching it ;>

I want to apologize for my english I have bad feeling that I made a lot of mistakes.

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Hello CRS,

First off, let me welcome you to the group, we are very happy to have you here.
Second, dont worry bout your english, it looked great to me.
And third, that a really nice looking ship, you did a great job. We love pictures here so post em when ya make cause we will want to see them.
If you need any help with anything, or have any question just ask, this is a fine bunch of people who will help ya in anyway they can.
Again, its great to have you here and hope to see alot more of your builds, have a good day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
I have no idea how to post here bigger images...those wich can be added here can have only 45kB
:( this is a little problem. If anyone want to see bigger pics email me I will send pics of any detail you want.
Basicly I use help of my Polish model-friends (basicly they can speak Polish :))) ) but every single tip will be usefull :)
What funny is this kit cost 9$...straight from publisher. How expensive are kits in US?

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy again CRS,

Well, you can post most any "dimension" photo here, but the file size needs to be 45kb, it takes a little work to figure out how to reduce the resolution on a large picture enough to make it 45kb, but it can be done, I use my adobe photo editing program to reduce the resolution while maintaining the size. You can also post your photos on places like yahoo pictures, or www.facelink.com or "snapshots or hot shots" which ever the name is of the place that host photos, then provide a link here so others can click it and view your photos there.
As for cost of models in the US, it really all depends on where you purchase as to the cost, but I have seen kits advertised from $1.00 to $30.00 or $40.00, but generally speaking they are between $4.00 and $20.00. I dont have any idea how long you have been building models, but might I suggest that if you like ships, you try these links:

http://www.hobbyfactory.com/
http://www.lighthousemodelart.com/
http://www.digitalnavy.com/

Compare the prices of their models to the ones you buy, but remember, shipping costs can sometimes be more expensive than the models themselves. We encounter the same here in the states when we buy overseas, sometimes it costs as much if not more to ship the model than it does to buy the model.
The digital navy site offers free dowloads of several ships, so Be sure and look at them while you are there. And if you really, really, like ships, mainly warships, here is a link to free models of missile frigates, guided missile cruisers, aircraft carriers etc.......again, ALL FREE

http://home.kimo.com.tw/yukiyuji/downl1.htm ULTIMATE MODERN naval warship download page. everything from guided missile cruisers to the USS NIMITZ AIRCRAFT CARRIER.

And while I am thinking about it, if you will click Parts bin" at top of this page, and then go to "free downloads", we have several free models there, including the USS Skipjack submarine, scud missiles and various planes and trucks and cars, again, all free.

Have a good evening and hope to see you around alot,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
Rails were made of copper wire- posts (0.24mm) and fishing line- bars (0.12mm) that made them very flexible, if they became warped you can always make them straight again. I glued them by superglue (cyanacrilic glue). Posts are cutted to right hight using nail cutter (bought in a shop with cosmetics) and 5mm piece of refill from old pen. I could make photos of whole process produceing them :) if you want of course ;-)
And going back to those links with free models - I rather buy some models in Polish publishers like Halinski,GPM, WAK, Modelik or even Maly Modelarz because printing models is too expensive(I havent got color printer) and I've got easy access to those models ;) and If you think that oh in Poland kits are so cheap and so and so remember that 9$ (25zlotys) are like 25$ for you :) I hope my next model will be King George V from Halinski :)

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi! :D

Beautiful model, superb workmanship and very clean construction!

As others have mentioned, your English is coming across with no problem whatsoever, so no worries there.

I would love to see some photos showing how you build your rails, always keeping an eye out for some new method.

Welcome to the group and I'm looking forward to more wonderful builds from you, when you can...we never seem to get enough building posts of ships, and you'll find most of us can't get enough photo updates from each other, so when you can please post more.

Cheers!

Jim

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
Ok I made some photos...I made one archive with them (2,8MB) and if someone want these archive send me an e-mail (ceeres@gmail.com) because It can't be posted here :(

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Hello again CRS,

I just emailed you, if you will send me your photos, I will reduce them to the proper size and email them back so you can post them here in the forum.

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA (GW)

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi CRS

Welcome to the group, build and post away

Very nice model, more please :lol:

I would not worry about your English its fine.

Looking forward to the rest of the build soon
Have fun

Rob

CRS

May 26, 2005
Szczecin Poland
And last part of my poor tutorial. I hope it will help you to make your own beautiful rail :). And one thing - paint all parts before gluing them to deck otherwise you can make your deck dirty.

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi CRS

I like the idea of using a cut down pen body as a guide for cutting large amounts of the same thing to the right size.
Thats one idea that will go into my tool box for shure :D

Thanks

Rob

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy CRS,

I just thought I would re-itterate a tip I have given before. When using nylon fishing line for railing or guy wires or rigging on ships or planes, take a lit cigarette and slowly bring it close to the fishing line, the heat causes the line to shrink, thereby making it "tight" between the posts that it is attached to.
Start heating it about 4-6 inches from the fishing line, bringing it closer until you notice it beginning to tighten up. DO NOT get the heat too close it will melt thru the fishing line if you do. But this method will "strighten" even crooked line between posts.

have a nice day,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA