Orlik Hawker Hurricane

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Tbolter, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Tbolter

Tbolter New Member

Hello again, been lurking around here and some other forums for some time and I apologize for just looking and not participating, intending to do better in the future. This forum offers a lot of good build information...so here's my question.

Just started (and restarted once) the Orlik Hurri and there seems to be a lot of tweaking and adjusting to get the skins to line up properly.

Has anyone built this kit and can share some insight into why the parts don't seem to line up correctly? No doubt it's some obvious thing that I'm overlooking as usual...

Recently finished a couple of early Malys and with those old kits some additional modifications are necessary however I expected the Orlik to be much more accurate.
  2. David H

David H Member

Great kit to be building, I am a little envious, Hurricanes are the best... except for Typhoons, Tempests and Hunters!

I have to admit, shame faced, I ran in to similar problems with the Mosquito. I do not think it was Orlik's fault.

Rather I blame the thickness of my fuselage formers and possibly my overly dilute white glue, both of which caused distortion... Kaput!

Modern hyper detailed and accurate kits are not very forgiving.

Hope you keep on building that Hurri, I want to see some pictures and compare it with the rough and ready Model Fan version I built.

3. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Another Kansas resident eh? Where are you from? I'm in Olathe.

Sorry I can't can't help at all regarding the hurricane. I have yet to build any Orlik kit.