ORLIK "Albatros B-I

eatcrow2

Just received an order an from Krys (Papermodel Store).. Can't beat the service.. ordered on Weds, here Fri.

At first glance, the kit looks like a beauty.
5 pages of parts with first class artwork. About 5 pages of outstanding diagrams. Also have the lazer cut formers for the wings..

eatcrow2

Just received an order an from Krys (Papermodel Store).. Can't beat the service.. ordered on Weds, here Fri.

At first glance, the kit looks like a beauty.
5 pages of parts with first class artwork. About 5 pages of outstanding diagrams. Also have the lazer cut formers for the wings..

Amazyah

Cool, thanks for the peek!
I was looking at this one on his sight last night, I'll have to get me one of these!

I myself ordered a bunch of models late Tues night and they arrived today, with a nice little freebie of a Japanese fishing boat!
I think Krys is the greatest! He really knows how to take care of his customers!

Russell

Amazyah

Cool, thanks for the peek!
I was looking at this one on his sight last night, I'll have to get me one of these!

I myself ordered a bunch of models late Tues night and they arrived today, with a nice little freebie of a Japanese fishing boat!
I think Krys is the greatest! He really knows how to take care of his customers!

Russell

ufag

eatcrow2 , I am new to this site and to card modelling as such.
Question ; the laser cut formers for the wings , do they come with the model ?
Thanks,
UFAG

ufag

Thanks,
UFAG

eatcrow2

ufag said:
Thanks,
UFAG

Hello Ufag...

You'll like this group.. And to answer your question. No, the laser frames are a seperate item that I would recommend getting if you get the kit.. Kit and frames were ordered from here. The frames are for the wings.. wheels.. and prop. Interior fuselage framing you'll have to cut out yourself..

http://www.papermodelstore.com/

First class service...

If your into detail, then you'd have fun with this.. Also, I forgot to point out that all the metal parts have been printed out with a silver metalic finish.. Very realistic

Rating this kit on looks alone, I would give it a "9"..IMO "10" being the highest..;-) Not sure if this would be a kit for someone new to cardmodels.. The Fokker D-VII, is definitely an easier model, and just as nice...

Any other questions, just ask..

eatcrow2

ufag said:
Thanks,
UFAG

Hello Ufag...

You'll like this group.. And to answer your question. No, the laser frames are a seperate item that I would recommend getting if you get the kit.. Kit and frames were ordered from here. The frames are for the wings.. wheels.. and prop. Interior fuselage framing you'll have to cut out yourself..

http://www.papermodelstore.com/

First class service...

If your into detail, then you'd have fun with this.. Also, I forgot to point out that all the metal parts have been printed out with a silver metalic finish.. Very realistic

Rating this kit on looks alone, I would give it a "9"..IMO "10" being the highest..;-) Not sure if this would be a kit for someone new to cardmodels.. The Fokker D-VII, is definitely an easier model, and just as nice...

Any other questions, just ask..

DrBill

An unrequested endorsement for Krys at PaperModelStore. I've ordered from him 3 or 4 times. The shipment is always fast (2-3 days), accurate, and extremely well packaged for protection against mishandling by my friendly (but often careless) postal carrier. He always includes a "bonus" model, usually older stock, but interesting nonetheless. Pricing has been very competitive. Peter has me thinking about getting the Albatros B-1 on my next order.

I've also had the experience of placing a large order with a very well-known German retailer, only to be hit with enormous shipping charges, and poor packaging that left 3 models ruined when my carrier left the package outside the door in a rainstorm. I didn't know any better at the time, but now I do -- and I limit myself to 3 or 4 trusted suppliers for hardcopy sales.

DrBill

An unrequested endorsement for Krys at PaperModelStore. I've ordered from him 3 or 4 times. The shipment is always fast (2-3 days), accurate, and extremely well packaged for protection against mishandling by my friendly (but often careless) postal carrier. He always includes a "bonus" model, usually older stock, but interesting nonetheless. Pricing has been very competitive. Peter has me thinking about getting the Albatros B-1 on my next order.

I've also had the experience of placing a large order with a very well-known German retailer, only to be hit with enormous shipping charges, and poor packaging that left 3 models ruined when my carrier left the package outside the door in a rainstorm. I didn't know any better at the time, but now I do -- and I limit myself to 3 or 4 trusted suppliers for hardcopy sales.

eatcrow2

DrBill said:
He always includes a "bonus" model, usually older stock, but interesting nonetheless. Pricing has been very competitive. Peter has me thinking about getting the Albatros B-1 on my next order.

Beg to differ on one point in what Dr. Bill says.. Not always will you get a "bonus" model... At times I have, and other times no.. (maybe he dosen't like me <G>). But the service is excellent, and his responce to questions is usually quite fast.. Plus he updates his site quite often, and I don't think anyone else here in the states gets new releases as quick as Krys..

eatcrow2

DrBill said:
He always includes a "bonus" model, usually older stock, but interesting nonetheless. Pricing has been very competitive. Peter has me thinking about getting the Albatros B-1 on my next order.

Beg to differ on one point in what Dr. Bill says.. Not always will you get a "bonus" model... At times I have, and other times no.. (maybe he dosen't like me <G>). But the service is excellent, and his responce to questions is usually quite fast.. Plus he updates his site quite often, and I don't think anyone else here in the states gets new releases as quick as Krys..