ore dock

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Kevinkrey, May 25, 2007.

  1. Kevinkrey

    Kevinkrey Member

    That is what I am currently using, but I have a small bottle (I Know I will need more) and wont this take MASSIVE amounts for the whole project? Should I be getting something at the hardware store? Never seen big bottles at the LHS.
  2. doctorwayne

    doctorwayne Active Member

    I haven't bought styrene cement or model paint thinner for over thirty years. Lacquer thinner is a very suitable substitute and is available at hardware stores, home improvement centres, and automotive parts suppliers. You should be able to get it in pints, quarts, or gallons. I buy it by the gallon, then decant it into smaller containers depending on what I intend to use it for. Apply it as a cement using a brush sized to the job: anything from a 0000 up to a 1" or larger. It's also good for thinning many lacquer-based paints, including Floquil, Scalecoat, SMP Accupaint, Pactra, and Testors, including Dulcote and Gloscote.


Share This Page