Ordering from Atlas.com

RaiderCTE

I have decided on a few cars that I really want from atlas. The problem is no one has them. I have looked literally everywhere possible on the net. Every add from MR and about half the ads in the Back of MR of local hobby shops. My question is if they show as available on their website to order will they actually be there? Has anyone done this before? I usually find what I want on the net pretty cheap or on ebay but it is looking like Atlas is going to be my last resort. I'm trying to get the two 23k gallon tank Mobil cars and they are selling on ebay right now for $5 more than on Atlas' website. This always seems to happen to me. I decide on what I want and its gone. Hopefully it is not too late this time.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Have you tried contacting some of the dealers and asking if they would special order them for you. I've made the same request and one dealer said they don't do special orders, another one said they could. Chances are you will get a better price from some dealers than going direct since most manufacurers will only sell direct at "list" price whereas dealers are free to discount.

Don

CSX6638

I have ordered from Atlas both online and by phone, some items you can only buy direct. You can send them an email they will respond promptly, you can open an account if you don't have one already and purchase online they will tell you if the item is in stock or if you want to back order, or you can call them at 800-872-2521 and place an order.

CSX6638

Have you tried www.wholesaletrains.com I have purchased from them and have been very satisfied with their service, and they have a large inventory, you can order by phone or on the web. Go to their web site type atlas in the search box, select your scale and you can view their stock. Hope this helps

RaiderCTE

I've emailed Atlas but now I'm a little worried. The two cars I wanted that were on Ebay sold for $38 and $39. I about passed out when I saw it. I will probably try and email another internet company to see if they can get em cheaper but if atlas has them it seems as though they would be a bargain. $20 ea. Thanks all.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Hey Raider.
Just checked Walthers. They were all sold out also. But they did list a couple of hobby stores that had ordered some. Unfortunatly it was two years ago. They also list the cars at $19.95 a piece.(Wow)

RaiderCTE

whew. I finally found someone. The cars are only going to cost me $16 ea. I was tempted to get a few more and sell on ebay and make a nice profit. I shop on Ebay all the time and sometimes it is just incredible what things will sell for. BTW the place that is going to get them for me is www.lighthousehobbies.com. Decent selection and that comes from someone that has visited I think about every online hobby shop there is. Wholesale has the best prices but their stock is limited. Thanks for the info, sure am glad I'm not ordering from atlas, I should save enough to buy a couple more things. :)

RaiderCTE

I spoke too soon. He tried to get them from Atlas but they are out of production. The site is www.lighthousehobbies.com He was going to take those cars off his site. Thanks 88, I'll check them out. I may take a closer look at the walthers brand since they have decent detail and looks like there may be some stock somewhere in the US. Thanks for all the help.

RaiderCTE

alright, since I was letting everyone know of my problems I might as well tell you this. I think I found someone that has my cars. www.mailcarhobbies.com. I got and email from them that they had them in stock. So I would say if you have a good idea of what you want and you can't find it, check there.