Order of Business

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by tazman3, Apr 14, 2008.

1. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

A question I have wondered about for a while now. I know that a lot of folks spray thier models with a clear coat of some kind when they are finished...

Does anyone spray their pages before they begin? If you do, what advantages does it offer? Disadvantages?

2. Padre

Padre Guest

I have sometimes sprayed before cutting, I think that it helps to wipe or scrape off glue excess.
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Do you spray both sides or just the side with the image? If just one side is sprayed won't this increase the possibility of warping? As I live on the Gulf Coast moisture is a real issue.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Not tried this before, so it will be interesting to see the answers/tips.

Couple of questions.

What type of clear coat are you guys using, solvent or water based?

Will the printer ink run?
  5. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

6. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

I spray the printed side of each sheet with one good coat of Krylon matte spray before I begin construction. Since I print my sheets on a color laser printer it keeps the tonor from flaking off when cutting and scoring. It also makes it easy to remove any excess glue. Then after final assembly, I give two light finish coats to seal everything up.
  7. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

i print my models out on card and the give them one coat of krylon triple thick gloss, this makes the card durable and quite strong, make sure if you use this to score any lines before you spray, it's quite hard to do after!!
  8. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Mods, feel free to close this thread, I'm going to move it over to cardstalkers thread since they are the same topic..

Continued...see above.