Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by stephen.irl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Hey, I've had a look around and there doesn't seem to be an Optimus Prime build thread (forgive me if there is but I said sure why not start one for the finished models). I've just finished building Optimus Primes head designed by Jules. It's an incredible model with so much detail and it seems to be really popular. Took me ages to finish and I can't wait to get started on the next part.

Attached Files:

2. Gearz

Gearz Member

:eek: Damn... that's one great looking model.! VERY nice build so far Stephen :thumb:
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Great . . . now build the rest of him. :twisted:

j/k! Well done! That is a *very* clean build!
  4. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

I stephen.irl,

Will you be building the rest of the model that is available?

5. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

I hope to. It's a really cool model. I have all the available parts downloaded and ready to go but it's an incredibly detailed model and it will probably take me a while. Have to clear some space to. The final model is going to be 1.3m. By starting this thread I was hoping others would join me and post their pictures or maybe even be tempted to build the models because it really is a masterpiece and would look incredible completed. Watch this space I suppose :rolleyes:. Until then, does anyone else have pictures of theirs?
  6. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

optimus prime
  7. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

great wrk dude. very clean nd best of luck with the rest of it.
  8. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Well done. Looks great. What did you use for the windows. I was thinking of using acetates (you know the clear paper people use for overhead projectors in school).
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If it were me, I'd use plastic packaging because it's thicker.
  10. Mr. T

Mr. T Member

yeah i used plastic transparent paper it wrkd out for me.
  11. trediddy

trediddy New Member

really really nice. is it just me or does the blue look a little to light
  12. stephen.irl

stephen.irl Member

Thanks. It really is a great model. Yeah the colours are a little off with mine. Haven't got the best printer I'm afraid. The colours in the pdf are fine though. The seem to have turned out well for Mr.T. They look a lot better than mine.
  13. trediddy

trediddy New Member

the crispness on your model makes up for the color sign1 i wish i could make models that good :curse: wall1
  14. nav

nav Member

Part 2D has been released at paper replika,and it's 35 pages!
  15. facelift

facelift Member

thank you amazing
  16. facelift

facelift Member

how talk do you think your pep will be ?
  17. AznRiceBoi

AznRiceBoi New Member

What's the likelihood that you could scale this model to say 50% of it's original height and still be able to build it? It's detailed, but are some of the parts ridiculously tall?

I'm not sure I want something 1.3m high hanging around my place, ahah.
  18. RossinAZ

RossinAZ New Member

From the building that I have seen on this one, I am not sure that the level of detail would be "do-able" at a 50% reduction. But then, you may have smaller fingers and better eyes than mine!
  19. knightmasterkit

knightmasterkit New Member

20. Cloud_Ratha

Cloud_Ratha New Member

What type of paper are you using to model? gsm?