Optimus Prime - Large Scale Scratch Build

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by tomhom, Mar 11, 2008.

1. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Man - that's great!!!! :D :D :D :D
  2. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

That looks great! I don't think that hand is too small, and OP's arms are the EXACT SAME save for the hands, right? My only questions are:

1. where the HECK are you going to put Mr. Prime?

2. Are there any blueprints for OP online that I could use?:mrgreen:
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow. That's some fine work. I'm impressed!:thumb::mrgreen::wave:
  4. gippolot

gippolot Member

Either way Tom, this is a fantastic build. :thumb:

5. idonotexist

idonotexist New Member

wow... amazing
  6. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

this is looking great !!! please tell me that you are drawing up plans for tghe build id love to buy them and build this myself(in time for transformers 2):thumb:
  7. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Very nice work, man. I have been watching from the beginning and am amazed at the detail on this. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  8. tomhom

tomhom New Member

Hi Guys

Its been a while since iv got anything done on this thing a combination of going on holiday for Easter, running out of card and a certain GTA IV but managed to get myself in gear and get his energy axe done

As you can see it locks into the wrist socket and quite well if i do say so myself :mrgreen:

1. Prime goes where ever he wants to greeting people at the front door, chillin on the couch watchin telly or hogging the toilet like us men like to do so much

2. Blueprints i don’t know about I’m just using a combination of the cartoon, comics, and toys

I’m gona try and concentrate on get the shoulder done over the next week or so and try and get the plans and instructions for the hand done :thumb: since im gona have to make a new one

Thanks for all you it comments really does it helps me keep going on with this
  9. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

This is really starting to look amazing! The hand was imprssive enough but now to be able to see the arm AND the axe is great!!

Keep up the good work buddy! I can't wait to see Prime sitting on the toilet! LOL! :D
  10. clif52

clif52 Banned

Great work!!! Do you use used cardboard boxes or new flat sheets of corrugated cardboard? I've built a lot of cardboard props for our church to use with puppets and for Vacation Bible School, but this thing is blowing my mind. Your planning and building is out of this world.
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

From what I understand ... GTA IV should pretty much kill any build.

ELSOCRAFT Member

Cardboardcraft optimus !!

WOW Tomhom !! you are doing a great work !!!

How tall you calculate prime will be ?

I follow you to close !!
    I hope make optimus but with the new movie look !! after my T-800 !

13. Red

Red Member

Optimus Prime

My niece's boy Friend is starting one for her, he wore this at a anime convention a wile back.
    IL try to get more pictures.

Attached Files:

• 1OP!.jpg
      File size:
      21.2 KB
  14. nav

nav Member

When you say large you really mean LARGE but non the less a great model.
  15. Grig

Grig New Member

16. nachtinis

nachtinis New Member

the axehand is a nice touch
  17. Slushee

Slushee New Member

Wow thats awesome, very impressive
  18. ravster

ravster New Member

This looks great, might look at building one myself, as i work at a corrugated firm. so have an endless supply of corrugated board.
  19. SnakeEyesOnAPlane

SnakeEyesOnAPlane New Member

This is beyond amazing! The hand blew me away, and it only got better! Fantastic work so far, keep it up and keep sharing progress with us!
  20. optimus

zeer goed geslaagd.
    hopelijk zien we snel meer.