Opinions Wanted:

ausien

well I am looking for your opinions on weather I should put in the extended retaining walls from this tunnel mouth or not. would it look better or, would it be more prototipical to have these retaining walls in this unsteady rock fall area or not.

I have just installat the rock catcher tunnel, but as yet still have to do the backfilling and touch ups. I hope the pix arnt to bad, and you can see what I am asking...have a good one..steve

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 16

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
The slope is steep enough to warrant the retaing wall Steve, especially if the rockface is unstable. If it was a cliff face of solid rock then no retaing wall would be necessary. I think the retaining wall is a good way to go as it adds more interest.

Russ Bellinis

I'm not sure what is to the outside of that curve, but it looks like a candidate for a "train catcher wall" on the outside! I would agree with Robin on your original question.

jim currie

the D&RG line through the Glenwood canyon has reinforced fencing to ward off stray bits of rock from a very steep cliff.what you have done looks good you might think about the fencing on the curve past the retaining wall.will see if i can find a pic of it.

ausien

there is a 4in perspex strip around the outside of the curve, manly to stop inquisitive children`s hands from derailing trains as they go by and keep there fingers off the tracks. I think I may just go with the retaining walls as I think it would add to the interest factor as Mattyro, states, if anybody has any thing els to add I would be only to pleased to here from you....have a good one..steve