Open Beta Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ashrunner, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have decided to release my Stealth Fighter Prototype beta model to everyone to enjoy. I think the rather simplistic design of the model makes it rather easy to build. And since it was easy to design, it should be an easy build.

I have included a diagram to show where the various parts (three parts pages) go. There were a few things I figured might cause some concern in the build process and have included a brief section of explanation.

This is important...for those of you who don't read things like what I mention arrow marked fold lines are for MOUNTAIN arrow marked fold lines are for VALLEY folds.

I hope you enjoy my first every original aircraft model design.

Have fun!!!

Attached Files:

2. smyfe

smyfe Member

:) :) Brilliant, what's next, a cloaked bird of prey?:-D :twisted: :-D
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's awesome Ashrunner!
    I threw mine together real quick as you can see below...

The fit is excellent, I highly recommend this one!:twisted:

4. David H

David H Member

Ho ho ho, and it the first of April and all!

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Could take a while to do this one as it is pretty complicated!:twisted:

6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Very cool.
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

This model was quite complicated I have to say... And yea, it's an excellent fit! We want more!!!
  8. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

I didn't like the coloring, so I did a repaint using acrylics.. A little too glossly, but I like it.... A very light coat of "Future" to seal in the weathering done with pastel chalks.. Thanks for the model..

Looks great sitting on my PC.. Sorry for the blurry photo, was hard to focus on the subject...
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I can't get the wings to fit right, dangit.... Other than that, brilliant!!!

10. Texman

Texman Guest

And, in true Ray fashion, here it is rescaled to 1/144

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Sounds like you have a very good printer and captured the true essence of this craft!:twisted:

12. Clashster

Clashster Member

Wow! If this is a beta, can't wait to the final release!!!! 8)

Oh, and :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nice one!
  13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

:) :) Wow, this one really had me confused until I saw the example picture at the end! I thought I had a bad PDF! Good one Ash!

14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang Ash........ I finally build one with no glue marks!

Problem is you know me......... I love to re-color and was going to do it in the have blue colors............. but I put the dang thing down and forget where I put it:oops:

15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Seriously though, I am working on the Have Blue XST aircraft, item 1. I'm having a bit of a problem with the exhaust area design currently, but the main shape of the aircraft is finished.

When I complete the kit, I'll release it as an open beta for anyone and everyone to attempt. Until then, I'll continue trying to find good exhaust area info.

And for now, this Stealth Prototype will have to suffice.
  16. drwrist

drwrist New Member

NIce job, Ash.

First of April. I, too thought that I had a bad PDF. When I get back from vacation, I'll take a shot at building a base.