Oops... I Did It Again. (Marx Content)

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Marx 490 trainset.
    Just won it on eBay about 10 min ago. $34.00
    Gonna become the Christmas train I think.
    If my wife doesn't kill me. :oops:

Attached Files:

2. simmonds

simmonds Member

GREAT BUY CANNONBALL! :wave: Why didnt i see that one:cry:
  3. Cannonball

I'm glad you didn't. :D
    It was a fight down to the finish against a guy going by allanmarx.
    I hope it's not another forum member. I really don't like bidding agianst comrades.
  4. Geno

Geno Member

That's what I like to see- another train addict hard at work :).

5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

:) I can see it know CB no longer will have a living room, kitchen, bathroom or bedroom. :) It will just be one very large layout. ;)
  6. jtloconut

jtloconut Member

jawdrop HEAVENtrain97
  7. Cannonball

Well, I'm off the hook with the wife. :D
    She thinks it will make a very nice Christmas train once it's painted up. I think I will probably either sell or trade the auto car since it doesn't fit in to the whole Christmas theme too well. If anyone has a Marx boxcar or gondola from the same era and is interested in a trade, PM me.

Attached Files:

8. Marxed

Marxed Member

i love that automobile car! :thumb:

you aren't going to paint this set all red and green, are you?

that's an awesome little set, great deal to! can you post some more pictures of that loco, front and side view by any chance? :wave:

and thank you soo much for putting the (marx content) up in your title, all i do when i come here is shift though the posts for marx stuff and you made my browse all the easier :thumb:
  9. Cannonball

I like it too. It may not get traded after all.
    Dave seems to think this set was a little more special than most of the four wheel sets so we're doing some research on it.
    Nope. Red and gold. ;)
    If it gets painted. Now I'm waiting to see what Dave comes up with in his search and I'm also going to ask some questions about it in the Marx yaHoo! group. I don't want to mess it up if it's going to become a collectable.
    I'll post pics as soon as I get it. the guy shipped it out Saturday by priority mail so I'm hoping to have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    No problem. :)