ONR winter

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another picture taken by my daughter.
eba00152703f00000015.jpg

Somewhere near North Bay On.
Our winters drag on but then that's better than the black flies and mosquitos that haunt the short spring and summer. Fall is probably my favourite time of the year.

roryglasgow

This is the first time in years that the trees haven't started sprouting leaves by late February in this part of Texas. Here it is the beginning of Spring, and everything is still generally bleak. Well, all except for weeds and things like that.

I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Global Warming, El Nino, La Nina, lead in the water supply, aliens infiltrating the government, and people putting expensive large scale locomotives under their arm pits.

-Rory

Rory,
For years now the trees there should be sprouting earlier in the year than normal since polution diminished heavens knows how much since the RI stopped running all that motive power!:D

Errol

roryglasgow

Well, apparently I stand corrected... I noticed a few oak trees were putting out leaves today.

The pine trees certainly haven't let the unusually cool weather stop them from coating everything in site in yellow pollen. Every spring it's the same thing: everything turns yellow. Kinda pretty, but plays havoc on people's sinuses.

-Rory

Woodie

Cold? snow? What's that!!!!!

Cold and snow? What is that? Please explain!!! :cool:

Its well gone into Autumn here now. I had a do at my place yesterday, and it was just gorgeous. 30C, (80F) not a cloud, no wind... in and out the pool, barbie burning away! :p

It was some friends (about 40 of them) from another forum I contribute to. The ABC Science Forum from by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. try here and have a look. Great friendly lot, and will answer any science related questions you may have. It also has "sister forums" for nature (Scribbly Gum) and computers (TechTalk). and many other subjects.

Weather? snow? never heard of it! :D :D

RI541

Hey Woodie,

Haven't heard your voice in a few.Hows them engines running up the grade?

Errol,

You "wanted" to be a RI what?:D :D

Mike,

We in NH set a record low too, not near as cold as you but 25F is pretty cold considering the day before was 58F. I think it was the same cold front that hit you. This fall I got my lawn tractor ready for snow,chains,wheel wieghts,plow the whole nine yards and we've only had 27" this year, :( :( Still waiting for a Noreaster then I'll have some fun, errrr I mean have to go out this nasty weather and plow:)

Shane

Drew1125

March in Ky is alwas a bit of a tease...we'll have beautiful weather in the 60's & 70's, & then get slammed with days of seemingly endless icy rains, & right now, all the rivers are up out of their banks...The Ohio is supposed to crest today at 48'. More rain expected in the next few days.
It brings to mind an old saying I once heard from a farmer..."March is something God created in case eternity doesn't last long enough." :)

Yup, it's a tough spring.
Got clear down to 58F here in Southern California last night.
Waiting until noon or so to go outside, because by then it should be up to 78F.
Bill S

Yeah, but the problem down here in SoCal is no precipitation. This measly little drizzle yesterday means only a few more days of skiable snow. I figure I can get in one more day. I think I feel a 24 hour flu bug coming on. *cough, cough* maybe I'll be sick Tuesday.

roryglasgow

The bluebonnets are out down here! Woohoo! Spring just came on all-of-a-sudden-like!

Sorry about the rest of ya'll. Don't feel too bad, though, 'cause this place will be unbearable by August!

-Rory

RI541

Rory,

How far is Huntsville from Galviston Island?I stayed in Santa Fa TX about ten years ago for about three months.

Shane