Only men like model railroad?

acshrpe

I'm still here checking the hornet's net that I started. I am glad I am not the only female that is enjoying this hobby. I am doing my layouts in N-scale and I have one room devoted to the layouts (so far that is). Now my husband is suggesting we build a dumb waiter in the house and start a larger scale so that the person that is in the kitchen can send food down to the person in the basement where are trains are located. How is that for imagination. Don't worry, I have not left and I keep track of all the interesting info flying around. Talk to all later

spitfire

Originally posted by acshrpe
Now my husband is suggesting we build a dumb waiter in the house and start a larger scale so that the person that is in the kitchen can send food down to the person in the basement where are trains are located.

That's pretty good, but how about a helix from kitchen to basement instead? That way you can send the food by train!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

cheers
Val

Hummingbird

Originally posted by spitfire

That's pretty good, but how about a helix from kitchen to basement instead? That way you can send the food by train!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

cheers
Val

Yeah...and if you could have someone ELSE do the cooking and send the food by train...heck...you both could just stay in the basement!! Wouldn't THAT be HEAVEN??

...Spitfire & acshrpe...How are Ya'll? I've been away from the Forum lately...just wanted to say "HI".

Happy Railroading...pass it on!
:p Debbie

interurban

Hi Val and Hummingbird and all you ladies who have discovered what keeps a man happy, yep playing with his trains
and after reading the last post, also where we like to eat our supper :D :D :D

Boy `o`boy (excuse the pun) you sure do talk up a storm great reading please keep it going.:)

See you at the Whitby meeting Val I`ll be the one with the soldering gun :cool:

Cheers.
Chris.

P S you dont have to go to n scale to pack a lot into a small space:D take a closer look at Traction.;) I had to get that one in.

Pooh Bah
Boy, a lot of forum comes up when you take 3 weeks off.
I will say that the females that I've known who were active modellers were better than the average male.
Our club has had a few female members, other than spouses. (Well, one was a spouse but she did her own modelling.)
My wife encourages me. She likes looking at it, says the miniaturization intrigues her. She keeps me going and insists that the layout always look respectable and takes me around at the shows and buys me buildings and scenery items. But she hasn't done anything active for decades.

aartwmich

Another woman raises her hand

I've always liked to model....and distressed my mother to no end with wanting 'boys toys' which tickled Dad who had a Ho table that I am now attempting to resurrect.

Good to hear the men here supporting a diverse community..cause we girls know that only real men can share their toys with women!! LOL

Vic

Re: Another woman raises her hand

Originally posted by aartwmich

... we girls know that only real men can share their toys with women!! LOL

I hereby declare that these words should be suitably engraved upon a bronze plaque and that same should be mounted at the doorway to The Model Railroad Hall of Fame where all who enter will be required to read them!!!!!:D :D :D