Online Purchasing

Russ Bellinis

I can't help you because I haven't done business on line, but I wonder why you are concerned with the shop being on the West Coast or Alaska? I can see if it was in Alaska and near you; but I suspect that if there were a hobby shop near you, you would know about it already. Probably any shop you deal with will be shipping the product to you, and I doubt if the shipping costs are significantly higher from the East Coast than they are from the West Coast.

I've noticed that Arnie's Trains in Westminster, Ca has an ad on the gauge. I don't know if they handle online business or are just supporting the gauge to get some traffic from us So Cal modelers, but they have a good reputation here in So Cal. They are a relatively small operation compared to some of the huge mail order places like Train World in NYC, but they have always been fair and honest as far as I know.

nkp174

In the past I've used toytrainheaven. Factory direct trains was
wonderful when I ordered from them...helpful & super fast. Ebay is an option...I've been pleased with it.

Jim Krause

Try North End Trains in Lakecity (a suburb of Seattle). I have never ordered via email from them but when I lived in Seattle, I shopped there quite a bit. I don't know about their shipping costs. There is also Eastside Trains in Kirkland. there again, my only experience with them is in store.

shelbys_dad

I can't help you because I haven't done business on line, but I wonder why you are concerned with the shop being on the West Coast or Alaska? I can see if it was in Alaska and near you; but I suspect that if there were a hobby shop near you, you would know about it already.

There are no shops here that I would buy from, the 2 that are are 3-4 times higher than anywhere else. Online & mail order are my other choice.

railohio

If it's an online shop why does it have to be on the west coast? Shipping to Alaska will be a killer no matter where they are at.

TexDoc

You might give Feather River Trains a shot. Chuck does an excellent job, fills order fast and is very helpful. Only an email or phone call away.

Russ Bellinis

I've bought a few items from Central Coast Trains at train shows. They are a hobby shop in Atascadero California. There prices are very competitive. Atascadero is a relatively small town about halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco near the coast. The town is probably big enough to barely support a hobby shop, but by selling at train shows and online they increase their market penetration tremendously and are able to buy in enough volumn to give some decent discounts.

Central Coast Trains

shelbys_dad

If it's an online shop why does it have to be on the west coast? Shipping to Alaska will be a killer no matter where they are at.

Shipping an item from New York takes like forever compared to California, Washington etc......Not only is shipping cheaper, but gets here quicker.

Thank you all for your suggestions.:thumb: