On30 modelers

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by purplehaze01224, Nov 2, 2002.

1. purplehaze01224

purplehaze01224 New Member

Looking for On30 narrow guage modelers near Baton Rouge. Would like to correspondend with other On30 modelers. Thanks all,
  2. Catt

Catt Guest

Hey Lloyd,welcome to the Gauge.You'll find a few of us On30 types here. I'm abit north of you (in Michigan) but I'd be happy to talk the narrow stuff with you.:D
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Hi, Lloyd! I'm up north...I've been an armchair model railroader for many years, and have recently gotten into On30, mostly (entirely!) thanks to the introduction of the Bachmann stuff.

Always looking for tips,hints, etc.:)
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Welcome to the Gauge! Yeah, another one from up north, but only a few keystrokes away. Ask and ye shall be answered, seek and ye shall find, resist and you will be assimilated....oops, that's Catt's line. :D :D :D
  5. purplehaze01224

purplehaze01224 New Member

Thanks for the welcome:

Thanks guys for the welcome to "the guage", ya all sound like a friendly bunch of fellows. I'm getting ready to do my first HO to On30 conversion using a Plymouth engine. You guys got any tips or experiences that might help me with the conversion?
    I've done quite a bit of HO railroadin' in the past, and been a pro modeler for some time. I'm sure you guys musta learned a few tricks along the way doing the conversions!
    I specialize in scratch built structures an been told I'm pretty good at it.....I'd be glad to help anybody with questions.
    I'm very interested in doing railbuses,trucks and unusual rail equipment....................any good projects done out there?
    Thanks again all.