On Track, with Deano

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by UP SD40-2, Jan 12, 2008.

1. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Jim, GLAD to hear about your progress and plans for the SD45's:thumb: , i gotta admit though, i am a little scared to ask about the DD40AX:eeki: .
  2. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

It will be UP, no worries there:mrgreen: I just want to super detail it when I do it. It will take a while before I get the parts together. Plus I have to many other projects already started:eek:
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Jim, SHEEW!, boy am i GLAD to hear your keeping your DD40AX a UP:thumb: , i was kinda scared for a minute:119: .

i know what you mean about having so many projects going, i have been wanting to detail my DD40AX for a couple years now, but theres just to many projects ahead of it:winki: .
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

She sure is pretty deano. :D
  5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANKS MATT!:mrgreen:

ON MY SIDE OF THE TRACKS...its pretty darn wet:eeki: (floods)
    Well, it was real rainy today, so i decided to stay in my own back yard, ICE is just a couple miles away, i had to drive down a flooded street to get there:roller: , but i went to their "West Yard" in S.Beloit(was owned by Milwaukee Road.) i got some shots of two engines i haven't seen there before, #4201 is an EX-SP, the tail light gives it away:winki: .

I then headed to UP's S.Beloit yard, WOW, about half the tracks were flooded:eeki: . wasn't much out of the ordinary there today, in fact, there wasn't much at all there today:119: . they had the three usual GP40-2's there, numbers 1360,1362 & 9993, but i already have a ton of shots of those, so i didn't get any of them today. i did get a shot a kinda neat old car though:thumb: . i was searching for fallen flag cars, but like i said, just not much in the yard today:frowns: .

I am posting the pics below differently then i normally do, this way they show up small, but if you click on them they will come up bigger then i normally resize them to:twisted: . i need to know what you folks think is better, posting pics this way, or just go back to the way i normally post them, PLEASE give me some feedback, what you folks tell me DOES MATTER:thumb::smilie: . THANKS!

Attached Files:

6. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

DeanO, great pics as always:thumb: How do you post them that way? I noticed my new camera makes the pics bigger and I don't want them to be to big for the board:oops:

Here is an ICE that I caught last year at my Dads in Mason City Iowa.

7. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Never mind, I guess that was the way I just did itwall1
  8. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Jim, i ALWAYS crop & resize my pics first:winki: , then when you get to the "reply" box, see the paper clip icon, just click on that, and follow the instructions:winki: .

BTW, NICE ICE PIC!!!:thumb::thumb: you know, they say ICE is "the coolest RR in the world":toug::119: ...i know, corny, but thats their slogan:winki: .

I WILL NOT BE HERE TOMORROW:cry: , in fact, you couldn't pay me to be HERE tomorrow:eeki: . WHY?:confused: , you ask, well, i just got off the phone with Dad, and i we are going to be at the:

"But Deano, what does this mean for us folks?'':confused:

The bad thing is it will be Sunday night, so it might take a night or two to crop and resize them all, but i hope it will be worth the wait for you folks:winki::smilie: .

Stay tunned....
  9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

BTW, PLEASE answer my question in the FIRST POST of this page, i really want to know which way you folks like me to add pics:winki: .

OK, which is better for you folks to view, the top pic, or the bottom pic?:confused:

click on the bottom pic to view it larger:winki:

Attached Files:

10. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Either way works for me. Have fun at IRM:thumb::thumb:

I never made it to the one in Dallas:cry:
  11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Jim, THANK YOU for your choice, its important to get this info, for upcoming pics:thumb: .

Hey Jim, I will be brining the trip to ALL of you folks, so you guys wont be left out on it:winki::smilie: .
  12. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Ok DeanO, I promised you some pics yesterday, well here is one, the rest can be seen here:mrgreen: http://forum.zealot.com/t160705/

Here Crazy Larry is waving HI to Big ED from the top of the brand new RG&S service facility:mrgreen:

13. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hi Deano---hope you and your Dad have a great day at the IRM---looking forward to the pictures---personally,I like the first shot (THE BIGGER ONE) best
  14. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Yup! Bigger is better, although your photos always look good, Dean, no matter what size they are. ;):-D

15. ScratchyAngel

ScratchyAngel Member

I prefer the bigger without the click thru to even bigger.
  16. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Ditto the last three comments... I like choice number 1 without the click through as well.
  17. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Bigger is always better, until you ask your wife, and she says "yours is just fine hunny", to which you reply, "What the heck are YOU talking about?"
  18. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Bigger is alwasy better!! and since mine have gotten bigger i like it and it is easier.:mrgreen:

19. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Can't wait for those pics!!!
  20. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

OK, FIRST, THANK YOU!, to you guys that "voted" on the picture size:thumb: , by popular demand, i guess i will keep posting them the same as i always have:winki: .

Jim, your engine facility is looking GREAT!!!:thumb::thumb: , some weathering would dial it right in:winki: .(just my thoughts:smilie: )

i like the size you post your pics:thumb: , but i have a 21'' monitor, so i don't have to slide the scroll bar all over to see the whole pic:winki: . i would like to post pics that big, the bigger the pic, the less quality is lost, the greater the size reduction, the more picture quality is lost. my problem is, i kinda want to find a happy medium, so people with 15'' & 17'' monitors don't have to scroll all over to see the pic:winki: .

i was looking for a pic with Big Ed in it, I FOUND ONE:mrgreen: , funny how Big Ed and your Crazy Larry look so similar:eeki::119: .(pic below)

Well, dad and i DID go:thumb: , and i took 333 PICS!!!:eeki::eeki: , REALLY:eeki::mrgreen: ...not all of them turned out great:oops: , but i have picked out about 50-80 i would like to share. PLEASE be patient folks, thats a LOT of cropping, and size reducing:roller: .

I didn't take pics of the engines i already had good shots of, so i am going to give you folks TWO CHOICES on how i set this up, THATS RIGHT, YOU FOLKS DECIDE:winki: .

CHOICE #1
    OK, for this choice i just share the pics i took this last weekend. this would include a little of everything, but not many diesel shots:winki: .
    CHOICE #2
    THIS CHOICE would pretty much be a whole "tour" of the IRM, it would include a little of some things, and a lot of other things:mrgreen: . i already have tons of pics from previous years there resized, so that would not be a big deal, but some of you have seen them already:oops: . going this route would give you folks a much more complete feel of the IRM:thumb: . like i said, in this choice i would combine ALL the best shots, NEW and old of the IRM, SIMPLY, the full blown package:eeki: .

THERE you have it, either way is fine by me:winki: , the choice IS YOURS, get your say in, and the most votes wins! i will check what got the most "votes" tomorrow after work, and begin putting it together then...though i am cropping and resizing pics tonight to get a jump on it:winki::smilie: .