On the Bench - Off the Bench...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Sep 15, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm only here because someone gave me a chance.

To be honest, all I ever wanted to do was to build models and to work together with other people that wanted to build models. I do not come
    in here to do anything else, but to work together and, or work alone, to
    give people the models that I would like to build, or to build the models
    that they would like to build.

Unfortunately, I attracted some bad attention. Truth be told, I never meant
    anything other than trying to learn and, or teach what I learned to others.

I really never wanted to do anything, but build models and, or help those that might need some help.

I have taken time away from paying jobs to help teach what little I know and I swear to you, I want nothing but to give back something to all of those that have given me some awesome models.

I've had the very people that I worked with and, or paid.. try to trash me and yet I give everything freely.

I swear to you the modeling fans, I'm just giving you the models that I would like to build.
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've spent years working on these models for no other reason, but to give something back. I'm the same guy that tried to teach people how to use
    fiberglass and polyester resin 6 yrs ago. Now there is a whole "Cottage Industry" that has grown out of what I've wanted to share with you.

You can call me "KirkTrekModeler" CJTK1701, Mysterious Stranger, Captain Quirk.... I've only got so many names because every time I tried to share the simple information that I've learned and, or taught myself I've had people try to get ahold of the mods and admins try to shut me down.

People that have no idea what I'm about have tried to trash me for years!
    They've lied and purposely misconstrude the truth in an effort to keep me from doing what I'm doing.

After 5 yrs, I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not going anywhere.

However, having said that... If it were not for guys with real balls, like Ekuth and Chris Gutzmer and Zathros and others.... You wouldn't even be seeing this post, because the crackheads that wanted to remove every example of me off of the internet would have won.

I give all credit to these guys that had the guts to stand up for guys like me and I swear to you, the modeler, I will do everything I can to bring you new models every month.

3. JHSurf

JHSurf Member

My 2 cents fromt he short time I have been on this forum...

MTK keep doing what you are doing, those who matter appreciate you ( I am including myself in that one). Just ignore the asshats of the world they are not worth the sweator tears.
  4. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

MTK, Keep on keeping on. You're appreciated by those who love these things, and abhorred by those who want to cash on them.

I admire your passion, because it is obvious that you really love doing things, and share your results so that also others can feel the excitement of making.

I'm sure you would be applauded at Make magazine. Check this out
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

People are just envious. People say, 'Owe, he took other people's workand modeled it', and these same people, making models of airplanes they did NOT design, or spaceshipsss, they did nOT design, or of anything else they did not design, have no claim whatsoever. All models, unless it is an original concept, are interpretations of other people's design, which 99% of the time, are borrowed from someone else. i think e are lucky to have so many who offers their works so freely, add MTK to ARMORMAN, THUNDERCHILD, the list goes on way too long in this forum to list, I'd run out of characters, but my point is, most statements are model envy, much like "p&nis envy", you're born with what you got, live with it!!
  6. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

I can only agree with previous speakers here!!
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you all for your support. The only reason for the rant is that I still have the smae people trying the same things and attempting to recruit others to continue that spread of lies rumors, etc.... and, or to discount the models I make, the artwork I create and to cause issues both here and off site. I suppose I should just leave it all alone, but after five years of the same thing from the same people.... It gets a little difficult to ignore the idiots when they keep popping up like an insane game of "Whack a Mole."

At any rate, thanks for the uplifting comments and sentiments... I will continue on. To that end, I've revisited to old models and have revised the unfolds and graphics. See the recently bumped threads.:thumb:
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

If they pop up here, let me know. I will not tolerate anybody picking on or harassing other members. If they have issues, don't engage them, let me know. They can go see a Psychiatrist for them. I am not a Psychiatrist. :)
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Keep on keeping on, dude. I've never seen you act in any manner which would invite criticism from *civilized* people. All I've seen are excellent models, great builds, and a nice guy who just wants to share his talents and creations with the world. And why would anyone knock you for that?

If you are threatened, report it to a moderator or the admins. I guarantee we're on your side if you've done no wrong. Remember: the burden of proof is on them if they claim wrongdoing, and as moderators it's our job to sort this out.

Don't leave the forums just because of a screwball who won't leave you alone. Again, the burden of proof is on them: if they can't prove you're doing anything wrong, then they will be declared trolls and dealt with accordingly.
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks for that MF. I'm sure that you are very aware of what I speak, from SSM to HT to SSB to FSM to my own sites to my own forum to here and so on. It's been a frustrating period of time, but I've tried to take that time and improve my skill set, increase my knowledge base and continue to give away what I learn and develope on my own freely. You know of course of those that have claimed personal vendettas and others who have followed suit for their own reasons.

I appreciate all of the support and back-up and I'm aware of the many "noobs" that show up and necro-post and attempt to cause confusion. I've also noted how quickly and efficiently they are dealt with. This is a tribute to the dedication of the mods and admins here that are concerned with actually modeling and maintaining a degree of decorum, as opposed to those who wish to persue some form revenge for percieved, or imagined wrongs allegedly perpetrated by my person.

To go along with the original title of this thread I'm going to compile a list of what I am working on and what I am setting aside. I was looking through my blog and noticed that I've submitted, or uploaded close to 50 models in less than a year. I've also taken on a lot of requests, so I want people to know what I am still working on. I may not seem to be getting to those requests, but I am working on them.... I've also got several models that I started on months ago that I still tinker with, but I want to make sure that I get them right. One is the Big TOS and the other is the model that started all of this the Type-11 TNG Era Shuttle.