? on Starting an N Scale Group

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
Recently speaking to two LHS owners - I have established that there are numerous other 'N' Scalers in my town/county.
Rather then immediately trying to form a 'club' per se - I wanted to form a network - that could share their interest, ideas and talents to help each other out and/or bounce information off each other. What happens down the road would be another matter - 'down the road'.
Any suggestions on how to get the word out - and how would I sell the concept to my fellow ( presently anonymous ) local 'N' Scalers..

dr.5euss

Sep 5, 2005
Birmingham, England
If the info came from the model shop, maybe put a sign up there by the till (with their permission).

Try some classified ads too - if there are N gauge people wanting stuff you could ask them.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I followed an ad posted in the hobby shop and now have a good friendship with another modeller. Unfortunately, mine was the only response he had!
By all means, though, advertise in the hobby shop. I suggest you see if you can start with a round-robin club. Meetings rotate among members' houses where you can admire/operate/work on each other's layouts. Orhave a session watching videos or slides.
Also suggest: Inquire at the Kitchener train show. Check the CARM (canadian assn of railway modellers) website. Come to the Toronto Xmas train show and talk to us there.