On-road or Off-road

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Nitro Napalm, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

Yup that horrible topic again, im buying my RC tomorrow - my 1st ever hobby grade RC. Im Very Excited BUT (Thats a big BUT) i can either get the HPI rtr 3 evo or the HPI MT2 - there both exatcly the same price. I figure that the on-road is gonna get tedious as u can only take it ON-ROAD, and sooner or l8r im gonna start jumping it :D the Off-road is kool - speed and control (HPI says that the MT2 has the best control out of the Stadium Trucks) I had my heart set on the rtr 3 evo but then just a month ago i changed to the MT2 ... what are your veiws on this? n e veiw is fine. I'm kinda confused and would like some encouragment...thnx in advance. P.S. there's two people on my road who have on-road.
  2. daytondaft

daytondaft Member

hey,
    if it were me i would get the mt2 just because i would want to go everywhere with it but the fact that u have 2 people on ur street with onroad, u would have some people 2 play with
  3. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Its true what daytondraft says, you can go almost anywhere with an offroad and have lots of fun with jumping, but some people get bored by themselves, if you know people that have onroad and you would rather race and compete then you can try that...personally I would get the MT2 and buy some street tires for it, once playing with it IF it is too slow for your onroad friends then I would work on the gearing and hop-ups. Good luck!! You will have fun either way!
  4. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

i would get the mt2 because you can do more with an off road truck!!!!you cant get big air with an onroad car.
    ty
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

It's mainly up to what you like best, the dirt or asfault. If you like pure speed, go with on-road, if you like jumping and rooster tails and getting dirty, go off-road. I think the pavement is only good for getting to the dirt.
  6. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

the MT2 can be easily set up for onroad use...although it will not make up for an onroad car but when you go over a curb and drive through the grass them other two people are gonna say "no fair"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.