On my workbench

Discussion in 'Railroading' started by papertrain, Aug 31, 2009.

1. papertrain

papertrain Member

Hello All
    I have not posted for a long time but have been busy with new projects. I have been building trains in 1.22.5scale in matte board. I am posting a link to some photos.

The passenger car alone is almost 4 feet long, 5 inches high and 5 inches wide. Since i am planning on running them I am making my own trucks and power units, casting all the parts for them in resin. I included some pictures of the masters and mold set ups for those. The only commercial parts are the LGB wheels that are rescaled to 2.5 inches 90% of the models are matte board, printed paper and card stock. I have used straight pins for rivet details and some filler for complex curves.

If you would like to see construction detail photos or photos of other cars I can add those.

I would also provide a build section if anyone would be interested. The same techniques can be applied for any scale, some of you may remember i did about 20 passenger cars in 3/16" scale a long time ago.

2. Kashiwazaki

Kashiwazaki KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!

That's a beautiful work!! :thumb:
    I am still on paper trains, I just can't do beyond that, 'cuz I'm out of cash.. But they still look very cool, go to my "A swiss bi-level train" to look for news!
    Do you have more models you've worked on?
    :wave: :thumb:
  3. papertrain

papertrain Member

4. papertrain

papertrain Member

additional information

I was looking through the old post and found the tread for the mallet i was working on and thought some of the new member would like to look at it a little.
    i ran into a time crunch and then was sick for a long time so it is where i left off in the design thread.
  5. hmas

hmas Member

Glad to see you back, & into train'ing I hope:smile: