on 30 Broadway Limited 2-8-0

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by steampossum, Mar 27, 2005.

1. steampossum

steampossum New Member

Has anyone bought or seen a Broadway Limited Import On 30 scale steam engine 2-8-0 c-16----They have sound -steam,whistle ,etc. for about $175--I've only seen them on E-Bay and Trainworld sells them--they list for $270--Thanks -Possum
  2. hminky

hminky Member

Try Standard Hobby Supply at 1-800-223-1355 and ask for the "coupon special". They are selling them for $119.99. If you are willing to repaint the christmas version goes for $99.99 and has all the regular sounds.
    Hope that helps
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

The "Coupon Special" at Standard Hobby...

Wow. A BLI C-16...DCC and sound equipped for less than $120.00?? Sounds almost too good to be true, doesn't it? Well, it isn't. Here is a picture of the one I received not more than a week ago.

It's a beautiful running locomotive than sounds wonderful, too. It is a deal NOT to pass up, in my opinion.

Attached Files:

4. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Silverton Flyer by Bachmann

Thanks for posting that picture. I have the Bachmann 2-6-0 in "Bumblebee" and that looks like a great stablemate.

My progress getting into On30 is a lot slower that anticipated but at least I did get the "Silverton Flyer" for a Christmas set-up. Now I can move on to coming up with a layout of some type. Not much room for it so I'll have to get sneaky.

Next on my list are the yellow DRGW passenger cars.

Attached Files:

5. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Last year i saw a Broadway Limited Steamer on a test track being operated with DCC.Talk about Sweet running and sounding.the thing just creeped.
    To be honest though i dont remember what the model was.It was too far back for this clutterd grey matter .:)
  6. steamlocodog

steamlocodog New Member

I have several BLI On30 2-8-0's. they all run great. Shop around for price but the Standard Hobby Supply $119 price will be VERY hard to beat.

Good luck, STEAMLOCODOG (Jeff)