Oliver's Calypso

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Bionic Modeler, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Here is my build of Oliver's Calypso. I was surprised at what looks like a relatively simple model, was quite challenging to build. Olli has an interesting style. I left my edges un-colored which gave it a softer look. There was quite a bit of detail if you look closely. When I built the Helo I wasn't even sure what it was until I checked out later build pictures. The only instructions you get are the ones on his build thread located here,

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\CARD MODELS\DESIGNER-OLIVER BIZER\CALYPSO OLIVER BIZER\thread.htm

I like the scale as it takes up very little room on my shelf. Thanks Olli!:wave::thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Oli, I have a question. I found the roof of the wheelhouse to be smaller than the cabin. In looking closely at your build pictures I see you had the same problem. I would suggest perhaps enlarging that part. I printed a second one and glued it further forward to fill the gap.
  3. mauther

mauther Active Member

Great construction of a big little model. Thank you for sharing the pics and thanks Ollie for the model!
  4. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

Wow, that took me back, I loved watching "Jack Who Stole" on Sundays when I was a kid! (it took me a few years to figure out it wasn't "Jack who stole" :p)
  5. Oliver Bizer

Oliver Bizer Member

Hi, thank you for the pictures :wave::mrgreen: :wave::mrgreen:
    Very good build :thumb::thumb:
    HMMMMMM i have a problem with the roof?
    Can not me remind.
    Look at the picture

Attached Files:

6. Maybe it was just me. But when I looked at the build thread pics it appeared as desribed earlier.