Oldie but goodie

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Darwin, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the link Darwin!
    I've downloaded these before but I didn't know what to do with them.

What needs to be used to open these files and how do you convert them into a format that can be used for models?

3. Darwin

Darwin Member

Most drawing programs will open the.wmf version, and there are some freebie file converters that supposedly will handle .dwg format, as well as some of the freebie CAD programs. To make sure, I just verified that even the freebie version of Cursorarts Image Forge readily opens .wmf. Once opened into your bitmap drawing program, you can paint, rescale, whatever, and then save the image in your format of preference. These little gems look to be about 72 scale, are unpainted, and (sadly) have no construction diagrams, but the files do have a few parts location hints. Not for the raw beginner, but a great starting point for the intermediate/advanced modeler.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you Darwin!

This will make a nifty little project, well, more like a few of them!
  5. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

such a common program like Corel-Draw can import or easily open the wmf-files. But, as written, some additional work has to be done. I Found some really unnessacery parts, and sometimes it´s easyer to do some parts new by yourself than trying to build with the original parts:grin:

But it´s some fun!!!

Only the server is really fast (do they still use Bongos there??):grin: