Old vet returns

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Liamladdie, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liamladdie

Liamladdie New Member

I was a member of King Butler's original "Card Modeller's List" way back when
    that was the only group (limited to 100 members by his ISP server in Nova Scotia) on-line. At least 10 years ago...

I find myself again mysteriously drawn to this score-cut-fold-glue-enjoy
    pastime. Almost exclusively architectural subjects. Currently doing the
    long OOP "MaKit" Brussels Great Square. Not cutting an original rare kit, but
    a 120% color photocopy enlarged from the original art (1:300) to 1:250 for
    concurrence with L'Instant Durable's cathedrals. On .008" stock, works fine The ground plate is about 30" x 36".
    Also have built some Domus...San Marco, Ponte Rialto, Big Ben w clockwork,
    starting Notre Dame and St. Stephen's Vienna.

Personal? Pushing age 69 in SW Ohio. Still have good up-close vision! Use
    UHU "Creativ" solvent-based glue for card & paper, sometimes Aileen's "Sticky..."
  2. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Welcome back, I am sure you will have found a new home here, just a bit of advice we would all love to see more construction reports on architectural models so post up lots of pics!!. Have fun :-D
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Liamladdie!

It is always good to see a veteran of the craft pop up here and join the forum! I am sure there are a lot of things we could learn from you.

I sure hope you have a digital camera as I would love to get a look at some of your work. Architectural models are one of my favorite genres!
    I lied, I love them all! :roll: Still, I would love to get a glimpse at what you are working on.

I know you are going to love being a member here. The people here are just the greatest bunch, always ready to give a helping hand with anything and any subject. Just ask and ye shall receive!

Again, I'm glad you found this forum and I am looking forward to seeing you and your work all through these threads!!:-D

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Welcome back to the fold. Looking forward to seeing your insights regarding the hobby. And the more members we have that decorated their school papers with P-51 and F-86D sketches, the better.
  5. Liamladdie

Liamladdie New Member

schoolbook sketches...

Uhhh...how about F-80's? B-25's? Old stuff, but no biplanes that I recall.
  6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Liam: Welcome back, lad! This forum is a great place!

yers aye,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.