Old School

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Brenton, May 31, 2005.

1. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Doe anyone still drw up aircraft plans by hand?
    With pencil & paper

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Brenton,

And welcome to the forum!
    Yes they do. If I am not mistaken Rob46 told me that this is how he does his aircraft. He has photos of some of his planes in the galleryincluding the F-100 SUPER SABRE and CHANCE VOUGHT A7 corsair II. If you get a chance go look em up, He has recently begun selling his planes at www.fiddlersgreen.net The A7 is on the home page of that site now if I am not mistaken.
    But there are others here too that do it "old school" I am sure, and you will be hearing from them I bet
    Have a good day and again, welcome to the forum,

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA(GW)
  3. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Thank you very much!!
    I'm looking up those aircraft at the moment.
    I do look forward to what other guys have to say.

thank you again

Brenton (Vlamgat)
  4. gera

gera Member

Whenever I really want a model and there is no kit I do some drawings and make my own. I do use my PC to do coloring, but the model is mostly pencil and ruler.
    Here is an old Caproni 101. It's about a 1:72 scale. These tri-motors were used by Italy in the 1934-36 Ethiopian Campaign.
    I built this one around 1998. I needs some maintenance :cry: :cry:
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

Thanx for the plug--GW. Yes I do it the "old fashioned" way...because I think I can get a better feel for the model. It takes a bit of trial and error--lots of unsuccessful builds. I've probably built ten A4's and nearly as many T33's now--but each one gets me a bit closer to my goal. I work on one for a few days--get a case of burnout--no matter what I do it doesn't get better--and move over to the other again. A lot of the work isn't coming out with the correct shape--it's making it easily buildable. I could do intensley complex and detailed models--but I like my own displays to be in small scales, and I'm doing this for myself, really, so simple builds and minimal detail work for me...and that's basically what FG wants as well....and as long as I'm putting out my stuff through them--gotta follow their protocols.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy all,

Great looking plane gera, I would have thought it was a commercial kit build. I really like the old tri motors.
    Rob, I see i got your "handle" wrong on here, its 46rob not rob 46. But hey as for the plug, you make some really nice looking planes and wen I first saw this topic, you came to mind right away and you deserve the recognition.
    I am sure there will be more "old schoolers" chiming in on this topic.

Have a good day all,

Greg aka GW
  7. Brenton

Brenton New Member

I am so thrilled to see the response on a topic that is of great interest to me.
    I am greatful for all the advice & tips & links from you guys.
    Your personal works are GREAT & inspiring.
    Especially that I now know that these creations have been done with style (sweat & blood).

Thank you all!!

It will be great to keep this thread going.

Brenton (Vlamgat)
  8. 46rob

46rob Member

Beating my own drum for a second--I just found out that FG has released my F-100 today. Check it out in my album.
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Congrats Rob!

The F-100 model is a sweet bird. Glad to see your hard work is paying off.