old & new

ratjag

Hello everybody, :wave: as a newish newbie to the Gauge, :) I hope it's ok to post these pics of my "old" NMRA(BR) modules at a local train97 show and a couple of my new, in progress, HO layout here. Here goes-

Should be self explanatory,announce1 ( if I've done it right!!! :rolleyes: :D ) If not :curse: :curse: :cry:

Attachments

• PB170001.JPG
    PB170001.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 162
  • PB170014.JPG
    PB170014.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 157
  • PB170018.JPG
    PB170018.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 158
  • HO Construction.jpg
    HO Construction.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 159

ratjag

Thanks Ralph,:thumb: I forgot to say the 8ft industry represented a sugar beet factory:eek:ops: . The rather untidy layout construction pics ( your'e not the only one wdsrwg ! ) is, I have to admit, a very slightly altered Ian Rice plan :D Reasons to come later!!:wave:

Dennis

ratjag

Hi Miles, :wave: If I remember right it's a couple of Walthers meat packing factories I kit- bashed. The module photos are 3/4 yrs old .The factory has plain backs 'cos it's only seen from one side. :thumb:

Dennis

ratjag

Hi Ralph, Miles & Hoghead, nice to meet you fellas and thanks for the replies and compliments , much appreciated.:D :D :thumb:

Miles, the building you mention ( pic 2) is the boiler house from the meat packing kit with a replaced roof and a modified smoke stack next to it. In ( pic 3), the 2 blue white roofed buildings, are the beet pulp drying / pelleting house with a smaller sugar packaging house attached ( both altered Pikestuff kits).Conveyers from the white sugar silos ( PVC waste pipe) & factory run to them in the background. To the far left you can make out the company seed supply building for the farmers. Please ask if you want to know more.

Finding how beet sugar was/is produced was quite a job as i was not on the net then,:cry: but managed to eventually get a tour over a beet factory near me in the UK which was great! Then followed finding a MRJ mag which had an article about the GWS over in the USbounce7 , resulting in the modules you see.

:) :wave: Bit long this --Sorry:eek:ops:

wdsrwg

Mess? What Mess!! :D
I don't see a mess anywhere, all I see is progress
and creativity!! :cool:
Besides, mine was cleaned up alot before I took the shots!! :rolleyes:

Thats a fine looking layout there Dennis, I am waiting
in great anticipation for your new journey.
I am at this time creating modern industry so, I am
always interested in what others have done in the past.
You of course are a seasoned builder so, nothing but
awsome will do.
bounce7

Se ya,

Russell

ratjag

:wave: Thanks Russell, Wouldn't say seasoned---OLD---my kids say:curse: . I have done a few small kitbashes, only buildings so far. One day might have a go on a loco or passenger car like Miles.

Eightyeightfan1, They tend to be the same, never had a workshop or bench:cry: . model making on the dining table ( a VERY understanding wife,--- well, I don't think she's found the solder burns or glue blobs yet:thumb: ) wood work on a kitchen chair or back doorstep. turns into measure 2X , cut 3X !!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jules I bet you saw my billboard in pic2.

Thanks again guys, I'm getting slightly embarrassed :eek:ops: with all these compliments!
keep a lookout for consruction updates. As a UK resident who hasn't made it to the States I rely on limited books/mags for pics.Please tell me if I get things wrong. All constructive critisism welcome.announce1 :thumb:

:wave:

cnw1961

Ratjag, your modules are very nice. If you have some more pics, please post them :wave: .
If you think you made a mess, you should see my place when I am working on my layout, but Russell is right, all progress and creativity :D .

wdsrwg

Oh, I just shot the layout top! :rolleyes:

You should see the floor, or you can't see it! :D

There will be time to clean when the job is done! :thumb:

By the way Dennis, are you doing modern era?
If so I am looking at going with concrete ties.
Just found out peco makes em'.

Have a great day all! :wave: