old MR articles

dottney

Dec 16, 2006
I've dug out an throttle I built back in the '80's from an article in Model Railroader. Unfortuantely most of my mag collection was damaged by a flooded basement and I've had to get rid of them.
I'm hoping that someone might have a copy of the following issues and could scan the wiring diagrams and send them to me. One of the throttles is working just fine the other has a bit of a hicup and I need check all the connections.
Here are the two articles-
Jan 1981, p100, Symposium-Idiot Proof Throttle
Aug 1976, p44- simplest Transistor Throttle

Yea I know this is real old school stuff but they work and I'm just fussing with a small switching layout.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Dave

dottney

Dec 16, 2006
Hey shaygetz thanks. The throttle I have on the layout right now (track just getting layed) occassionally drops voltage in one direction. I looked at the handheld component and a resistor has come loose and I'm not quite sure where to solder it back. As there's are only two components in the handheld unit, a resistor and a pot, I don't have too many options. The weird thing is when I put my track test light on the rails (simple grain of wheat in a small clear case that sits on the rails and lights up when power is applied) the voltage goes back to normal so I'm assuming the inherent resistance of the GofW bulb corrects the problem thus leading me to think that the loose resistor is causing the problem.
Again thanks for the effort.
Dave

BTW, nice videos on your link.