Old Logging Photos

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Hey Camelot,
Great pics and thanks. The first one answered a couple of questions I had regarding detailing my Climax. Do you have anymore pics like that one? I just got back from the Big Train Show on board the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. It is a strictly G gauge show. I picked up some detail parts from Ozark Miniatures for my Climax. They specialize in logging parts and I now know where to put some of those parts that they had. Guess I have to place an order for more parts! :D The third picture looks like the log pond, where they would put the logs until they were ready to use them. I am guessing on this but logic says it would be to keep the logs from drying out and cracking.
Steve

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Re: website

Originally posted by belg
Jon monon I guess you must have gotten some web space somewhere since I see your logo again?

Yes sir, I was able to keep it right there where it always was, on the ultimatejeep site. If they run short on space, I may have to reduce it's size or move it, but I'm OK for now. TY! And thanks to the ultimatejeep.com website.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Welcome to the gauge, JB, and welcome to the exciting world of logging! There is a wealth of information here and many folks who are willing to help out with any questions you might have. There are a couple of threads in particular that you will want to look at and maybe contribute to:

Jackpot! (logging info sites)

Where do you get your Logging Stuff?

Loggers Lingo

I don't know if
Shamus's web-site is listed in any of those threads, but it is certainly worth memorizing :D

Johnson Bar

May 15, 2003
Southcentral USA
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome Jon- Monon! I have jumped gauges in search for the best detail passing narrow gauge everytime.
the detail is great! As for logging, I am a midwestern native Kansan whom has never experienced logging what so ever.
The industry has an appeal that I've never experinced before. possibly its more relaxed and freelance? All I can say is man its great for modeling! Thanks again and I will surely check out those Links!:cool:

Dan Vincent

Aug 14, 2003
Sanford, FL
Visit site
Camelot,

Your 4th photo has "anybody know what this picture is about ?"

Those three log cars look like they are lined up to roll the logs into the log pond.

Most mills found it was easier to dump the logs in the water to float them to a chute and then pulled up into the mill.