Ol Caboose !

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Shay2, May 31, 2001.

1. Shay2

Shay2 Member

We'll lets see if I can remember how to post an image!

[​IMG]

Hey! It worked! This is a photo I took last week of an abandon Bay Window Caboose on a siding.
    Now I know why they call them "Crummy's"
    ------------------
    Rush Run River Logging Co.

[This message has been edited by Shay2 (edited 06-02-2001).]
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

All kinds of uses for these left over units.
    One I was in recently has been turned into an icecream parlor. Very nicely done. The best ones are found in heritage or museum ares where they are preserved. If you have the money and the desire you can even get one to put in your own backyard. Just think what your neighbours would say about that.

------------------
    Robin
    NARA member #2
    http://members.nbci.com/Matthyro MAT
  4. Virginian

Virginian Member

Hi y'all
    I understand there is a railroad museum housed in a caboose in Mullens, West Virginia. I've seen one photo on the town's visitor info web site, but no interiors. Hope to check it out first hand sometime before winter...it's a pretty small town, so the fact they even have a rr museum, no matter if small, is impressive.
    Hmmm...think what a great train room That would make!! [​IMG] and room left over for a small workshop, and what a view from the cupola!!!!!....wonder if my landlord would mind? Hey, he's a trucker and has backhoe,bobcat, dozer maybe even a flat bed trailer big enough to haul it...he could help me set her up!!! [​IMG] We could set it right out by the pool(also a pipe dream...but who knows...)
    bye now
    VGN [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Virginian (edited 05-31-2001).]
  5. Peirce

Peirce Member

It has been a couple of years, but I seem to remember an article in one of the railroad magazines about a wife who gave her husband a caboose to use just that way - for his layout.