OKAY!! proper request to JAYBATS!:X-71

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Shin_kazama, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

sorrywall1 that i angered you over that request.

had i read anything on the agreement that no editings of any kind is allowed, then i would have asked you.

since the thread was deleted obviously by jaybats' fury and anger by my rescale request of his beautiful X-71:thumb:.

and, he seems to say that that request was a selfish motive.
    it is for all to see.

so, jay, if you would, i request you to rescale X-71 model of yours to match the scale of AXM's shuttle launch stack.

okay, why rescale?

it does not do justice to display the model without any launch stack.

i mean who would not want to see the 2 X-71s side by side mated to ET/SRB stack in a Dual launch config like that in the movie?:twisted:

nose of X-71 nearly on level with SRB nose.
  2. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

:? er, i really don't know what you mean by me deleting the thread, it is still there, with at least 6 replies and 328 views as of this time:

whatever your motive, if you note in my objection, it is the manner in which you treated the subject ad posted about it that i found inappropriate. regardless, apology accepted, and i am just asking you to be "a bit more real" in treating or communicating with people even over the internet.

as i said in my email to you, the problem is that i have no information on any of the movie shuttle's dimensions, despite efforts to find any. that model was done based entirely on looking at screencaps and photos, no plans or 3 views of any kind. the closest to a dimension that i could find was a comment that it was "about a third" larger than the real space shuttle. whether that's a third in length, height, mass, or whatever, i have no idea. if you can find them, i can re-scale it to the exact dimensions.

otherwise, you're left with it as it is. that being said though, please read the last post by Tars in your original thread.

3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I agree with Jay, it's your manners of speaking that is causing some trouble... Above all, BE POLITE!! :D
  4. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

it does not need to be exact, i have a simulator called orbiter with the X-71 third pary add-on, which models the nose of the 71 a little bit higher that the SRB's on the launch stack, hence longer than the typical shuttle by one SRB segment length.

im sure it would be easy for you to do that.

this 71 configuration is sure to add some spice to those who have AXM's shuttle stacks.
  5. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Even better, convert the full stack for flight on model rocket engines.
  6. Padre

Padre Guest

seems to me that if you want to rescale a model, just adjust your printer to scale it up or down. To ask someone who has put work in a model to change it just because you want it at a different size is not needed. Constructive advice is always welcome I would think to correct or improve a model.
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Agreed. If you want a model rescaled, do it yourself. You can post the results (the finished model) just don't post, reproduce, sell or distribute in any manner whatsoever the rescaled drawings, plans, etc. that you created without the explicit permission of the designer.
  8. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

yeah i make my own engines using sugar and saltpeter.

i only need is control for roll program, srb release, et release, and landing ops.

i tossed my atlantis model and it flew not too well, then i remade another, this time it glided good.
    however, adding electronics to control it may introduce more weight.

(thinking fast as mach 6)
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice! --Make sure you post some videos of the rocket in fly then ;)
  10. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

well,i hope i can procure a cheap radio control device to precisely release boosters and external tank.......

but you know,i would hate to see AXM's shuttle fail......

you know, that respect thing....
  11. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

I just had a nasty thought....
    If it did fail, just say that it's the shuttle AJ and his crew flew in...
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I had a Estes shuttle stack a few years ago, what a lot of fun.

First launch, it went up about 3/4 foot, turned horizontal and went towards a school playground. Thank god that the motors don't last very long. I grabed the shuttle, tank and SRB's and run like my a**e was on fire.

All the other launches were excellent, straight up, motor run out, shuttle seperated and glided down to earth. The ET and boosters landed by parachute. Excellent fun, and sort of related to card modeling, as the boosters and ET are made from card.

I would love to see this fly, keep it up.
  13. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

ahm after lots of time an money spent on research i found that blowing jaybat's X-71 to 160% would bring it to scale of 1/144.

one big mutha.

14. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You know, you could have just used the SSM scale converter. It's free and available for download at that site, and those guys would probably know exactly how big the X-71 Shuttle is, based on the window size, the crash sequence, and how big the giant rover/mining machine was in relation to the ship.