Okay, how many are in -

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
for the May Diorama Competition

Need to know if its worth setting it up.
Shamus

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gotta pass for now. We should be picking the keys up for our new house on April 15. I think you know what I'm going to be doing for quite a while after that. Exiting? Yes... Fun? not as much as building stuff...

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by nalmeida
Will you create a thread for WIP shots or should I create one? (for my one that is :) )

I will create a sticky thread on April 30th
Shamus

A great idea, and I'd love to, but this is the wrong time of year for me to start another project. I'm finding it hard enough to get time for the regular layout already. The darn grass is growing, the mowers need worked on, the truck needs some repair, the race car needs some work, the snow tires have to come off the wife's car and I've got grass seed, peeling porch paint and buying a storage shed to deal with. :eek:
Gee, and I thought all those 'old' people were nuts when they told me to enjoy my childhood 35 years ago. :rolleyes:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by Casey Feedwater
I'm in, Paul.

After you set up the thread on April 30, will you be looking for "progress" photos? Or just a single photo of the finished diorama? (I took progress photos, but they're not very "attractive." :eek:ops: :rolleyes: )

Hiya Mike,
When I set up the May comp, I shall be asking for 4 photo's, one showing the complete diorama and three other photo's showing different parts of it. i.e. -- close ups.

If possible later on in the year just maybe where the diorama ended up on the layout.

Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I'm somewhat undecided, but I encourage anyone who can start a small diaramma and enter to do so. Especially if you are in a rut, or if you have never superdetailed a scene. Remember, this can be a learning experiance, or it can be designed to be grafted into a layout at a later date. My only hesitation is I have too many unfinished projects, but if I can make a currnet project be part of it, I may have a go at it.

Paul, how are you definging a diaramma? Maximum size? Min size? Is it a mini scene or diaramma, or open to the enterer? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mike, after you win, erm, I mean after the contest, why not post the progress photo's on another thread for us all to learn from? (Please please please. Pretty lease? Pretty please with ground foam on top?:D )

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Well Jon,
Its a diorama or a Mini-scene which must be away from your layout. Later, after the comp, you can place it into the layout for future photos.

As to size, well okay, lets make it as small as you wish or no bigger than 2' square thats ample size for even a G-scale mini scene and a hell of a lot for N-scale.
Shamus

Originally posted by jon-monon

Mike, after you win, erm, I mean after the contest, why not post the progress photo's on another thread for us all to learn from? (Please please please. Pretty lease? Pretty please with ground foam on top?:D )

Well, Jon, since you're adding ground foam on top - and I can never seem to get enough of that stuff :D - OK... but 'cha gotta wait 'till after the contest... ;) :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Started mine a couple of months ago.
Was gonna post a WIP pic, but when my puter crashed a couple of weeks ago, I lost my photo program, and can't compress it.:cry: :cry:

Should always back up everything.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by nalmeida
Will you create a thread for WIP shots or should I create one? (for my one that is :) )

All work in progress photos of you diorama or mini scene can be posted AFTER THE MAY COMPETITION PLEASE, NOT BEFORE. Don't give the game away.

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
I actually have a diorama started, but right now the priority is completion of the Ntrak module in time for the August 7 get together in Toronto. I have too much scratchbuilding in this project, I might even be adding details as I drive there!
Pete

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Shamus,

Can it be something I've posted about before?

I've got two actually, that will go on Garahbara MK II in the yards. I intend to join them together eventually.

Anyway, I'll put it in a see how it goes. :):)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Well my friends, only 4 days to go before the dioram-miniscene comp.

With 15 saying okay for it, should be great.
Shamus

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I'm a slow starter

I started 3 days ago! nothing built but trees coming off my production line like crazy! Lotsa trees!

Gee, I've been kickstarted into modelling (again!) You have a lot to answer for Shamus :D :D :D Wooo Hoooo!

Errol