OK you NEED one of these on your logging line

That could go a long way towards reducing the damage to the forest by heavy lugged tires and tracks used by current logging equipment. It's the damage from the roads that are built that takes longer for the woodlands to recover from.

It's a little too recent for use on my logging layout. Perhaps if it were steam driven? Hmmm....

Wayne

Snowbound

Mar 26, 2005
NH
Ever see that movie... I think it was "Wild West"? Will Smith was in it. They had a big steam operated spider contraption. Put a boiler on it & you'd be all set. :)

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Snowbound said:
Ever see that movie... I think it was "Wild West"? Will Smith was in it. They had a big steam operated spider contraption. Put a boiler on it & you'd be all set. :)

Hmmm...the concept of a "steampunk" layout (one with Jules Verne-style 19th Century steam & metal based anachronisms, like giant steam-powered spider machines) is intriguing. "Wild Wild West," an updating of the classic TV show, also featured the Virginia & Truckee switcher "J.W. Bowker", although painted to resemble the Central Pacific's "Jupiter," the engine that represented the CP at the Golden Spike ceremony.

Neat widget--the Japanese are working on a similar device, but less useful:

http://www.sakakibara-kikai.co.jp/products/other/LW.htm

Mecha!!